Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Round 4: Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR)

Welcome to my mid-week update on my progress in the SAHRR! This is Week Four, and our hostess is Wendy of Pieceful Thoughts. She called the classic Signature Block, also known as the Indian Hatchet, for us to add to our quilts.

This is what my quilt looked like at the beginning of this week before starting the new round.


This was an easy round foe me this week because I knew exactly how I wanted to do it. And I decided to pull in all the colors at this point - because I could! But first I added a 1.5” stop border in black to bring the center up to 24.5” x 32.5”. That was a good springboard size from which to launch a round of 4” signature blocks. The rest was just straight sewing, and before I knew it, I was done.


The quilt now measures 32.5” x 40.5”, with two rounds to go. I’m on track for a nice-sized lap quilt.

As I pinned it back up on the design board, DH came downstairs and stopped to admire it. He has made an official claim on it already! I can’t wait for the next round!

Thanks for stopping by. If you’d like to see some other creative SAHRR quilts, pop over to the Week 4linkup at Wendy’s Blog

14 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! Oh yes. The addition of this next round has amped up the fun even higher! It's like they are encouraging the stars to dance. I love this! It's really quite striking. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Indian Hatchett additions...this looks to me like a real summery quilt somehow ..nice work! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute! I love this round and all the movement it adds to your quilt. And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just great, Cathy! The signature blocks worked out perfectly in all the colors, too. I love that DH called dibs on it, too - that's a great feeling for a quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it make your heart soar when your DH claims a project! I must say that I'm in like with all the wonderful colours in this one and so far the design is wonderful. Look forward to seeing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your signature block border really works well! I love the colors of the fabrics you're using. How fun that DH has claimed the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great border - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already completed this round?! I'm SEW impressed, Cathy!! Me? I have a plan, but that's the extent of what I done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow…your border block choice is perfect for bringing all the colors in plus playing well with wavy starfish and the linear star. And now I guess the next border will be guitars…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again, Cathy! Oh, that is a nice size already. I'm glad DH claimed it!! I thought I might have to offer to take it off your hands. It is really turning out nicely. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding project and fabric choices, Cathy. Love where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this border! All the covers are fabulous, and it frames your quilt so well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo!! That's a perfect border round!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that border looks fantastic! Love the way your quilt is taking shape!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!