Wednesday, January 12, 2022

SAHRR - Stay at Home Round Robin

This year once again I’ll be participating in the Stay at Home Round Robin. What is a SAHRR? It’s a six-week challenge hosted by Gail at Quilting Gail in Canada. This week we are showing our center blocks, and for the next several weeks, a block or quilting unit (like triangles or flying geese) will be called. We get to just sew those units in the comfort of our homes and link up our weekly progress. I participated last year, had a ball, and ended up with a great quilt that I gifted at Christmas to a family member. 


In searching for a potential center block, I rejected the few orphan blocks I had because most of them were wonky or will best serve a purpose on the back of a quilt. We all know how that goes, right? Anyway, I have lots of blocks that were donated to me through Quilts for Kids.  I’m the scrap lady, but sometimes I get single blocks as well. This one intrigued me and didn’t go with any other blocks in my stash or donations.


I’ve been itching to work on a quilt with a black background, and this 12” block will make a great start. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to preserve all the points, but I’m not going to let a little thing like perfection stand in my way of a good time!

Come on over to visit our kick-off event to see the wide variety of styles and colors of the many participants! 


8 comments:

  1. That is a pretty one, Cathy! I like brights against a black background, too, but have never made a quilt like that. It will be fun to see how this one develops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how the fabric already looks like it was quilted! Yes, a black background is intriguing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block is a great choice for your center. I always like bright colors used with black in the background. The colors will pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun block, Cathy, and pointy points are SEW overrated!! :P
    (Say The Joyful Quilter @ work.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so interesting. Love your starting centre block. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful block, Cathy and it will be interesting to see your use of black. I love it but for some reason seldom use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that electric green in your center block! I think you will enjoy adding the upcoming borders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be a great start for the SAHRR! I love that green with a meander already in it--it wanted to be in a quilt all along!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!