Wednesday, June 3, 2020

June OMG - One Monthly Goal

Every month I like to set creative goals for myself. The One Monthly Goal challenge, run by the very talented Patty Dudek at Elm Street Quilts, facilitates that process for needleworkers of all types. Participants name their goal at the beginning of the month and then if they are able to finish it by month end, a link-up opportunity is provided again. In the process, various sponsors offer prizes that are awarded in a monthly drawing of those who have successfully finished their project. I’ve completed all my monthly goals going back well over a year. So, as I’ve been doing for a long time, I’ll be linking up to Patty’s One Monthly Goal June goal-setting post.

What is my goal for June? To finish up another pineapple quilt that I started a couple years ago. Here is the work in progress as it sits right now.


In the lower left, you can see a picture of the first pineapple quilt I finished in August of 2017. To see it more closely, you can click the page tab above for “Quilts 2012-2017” and scroll down just a bit to see it. Anyway, my granddaughter Lauren loved the first one so much that she staked her claim on it. So now I want to make one for me! I don’t know what color the one “odd” pineapple will be, but likely it will be either pink again or perhaps aqua. That fabric in the top left area has been patiently waiting its turn to be put to use as the perfect backing!

So, my goal is to get this quilt totally done by month-end. That’s a tall order, considering I haven’t even started assembling blocks yet!

I finally broke down and spent some of my gift cards from Christmas, my birthday (March) and Mother’s Day, so I have a new wool pressing mat, a new rotary cutting mat (I hate the one I bought last year and it’s already warped and deeply grooved) and some new rotary cutting blades. Everything is due to arrive over the next 1-2 weeks.


10 comments:

  1. I loved that pineapple quilt==great to make one for yourself, too...
    Hugs from afar julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple! How fun! I hope you like your wool mat; I sure do. I use it for quick pressing of small things, since it's easier to move around the room. Which cutting mat did you get? I don't like the green Olfa ones and prefer the firmer gray Fiskars ones from Joann's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like SEW much fun!! Best of luck on attaining your goal for June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also curious as to which brand of cutting mat you purchased and which one you hated. I'm going to need to replace my large one someday as it is developing some grooves. Good luck with the pineapple quilt and great backing for it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a cute quilt and a nice goal for the month

    ReplyDelete
  6. And its not the first time I have thought that you were crazy to make a pineapple quilt...only to be relieved to find you are making a more literal, refreshing, sane and charming version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt looks like fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a new LARGE cutting mat. I've nearly worn out my second opaque one. What kind would you recommend? I'm not impressed with the gray ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember your pineapple quilt and it's great that you're making another. Working with sunny happy colors is good in these trying times. And having new tools to work with will make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your pineapple quilt. Good luck on making your goal!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!