Thursday, April 4, 2019

April Goal Setting for OMG

It’s already the 4th of April. How did that happen? I have to get my rear in gear and get my goal-setting post done for One Monthly Goal (OMG). I’ve been putting off making a decision on this, but time’s a-wasting!


Last fall and through the holidays, I joined in on Bonnie Hunter’s annual mystery quilt-along. This year it was called Good Fortune and the colors of red, blue, orange and yellow (and a neutral) were based on her trip last year to China. I changed the red to bright pink and the orange to golds and oranges, and got most of my pieces sewn.


And when I say I got “most” of them sewn, that was with the specific intent that I was going to size down the quilt. Therefore my goal was to sew between 60-75% of the number of pieces. Now it’s time to dig through this to refresh my memory and see what I have left to sew. And then comes the construction. I’ve seen lots of beautiful finishes of Good Fortune, and I plan to also modify mine to allow for fewer borders and a simpler setting.

So, simply stated, my goal is to get these blocks into a flimsy (a top) by the end of April. Quilting and binding will have to come later.  Wish me luck. Right now the song “The Impossible Dream” is going through my mind.....

Linking up to April’s OMG Goal-Setting post with Patty at Elm Street Quilts. 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck figuring out those pieces and parts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you did On Ringo Lake, then this one will be a cinch.
    Mine ORL is still not assembled because I don't have a design wall. I have faith that you will get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! If you're deciding which border to keep and which to skip, I found the inner border of green/cream triangles to be easier to deal with. You'll have a lot more flexibility making that border fit whatever number of blocks are in your main part. At least that's what I found :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have all the directions for this, but I'm still in the midst of my perplexing project for my friend. I cannot get the sandwich together smoothly to save my life! I will continue to watch your project grow as your projects always give me the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boggles my mind, putting all those teeny little pieces together! I just know I'd mess it up somehow (probably a lot of 'somehows'!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!