Saturday, March 2, 2019

Setting a Goal for March

Today Angela at So Scrappy quilts announced the March color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - GREEN! I look forward to digging out my large drawerful of scraps and getting started, but that’s not what today’s post is about.

Instead, I’m setting my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for March, and linking up to Patty at Elm Street Quilts. 


Last month, I sewed up a bunch (66 to be exact) 10” Happy Blocks with some cute elephant fabric in the center. I was able to get two flimsies sewn before the end of February, each with 30 blocks. So, the 5x6 setting for each quilt top measures 50x60”, which is a great size for a donation quilt.  My goal for March is to finish these two flimsies into quilts.  I only have a taken a picture of one, so here it is.


I’ve already sewn up the two backs, using three leftover elephant blocks in each, along with lots of yardage pieces that have been in my stash for too long. So, both tops are ready to be layered and quilted. I’ll be doing that myself on Bernadette, my Bernina 550. I have no idea (yet) what the binding will be.  

When they are finished, I will post pictures of both quilts, front and back. :-)  

Since I didn’t have any quilt finishes in February, I will be shooting for 4 finishes in March. Given that I finished an entire flimsy today from the Parts Department (for another post), that the 2 elephant tops are ready to be basted, and that Lattice Birds will only need to have binding sewn on when it gets home from the quilter, I think it should be totally doable!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Louise - it's really too bad that you didn't have any quilt finishes for February (but I'm sure you can console yourself with all the things you DID get done). Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I am sure it will delight the kid who receives it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!