Friday, November 2, 2018

November - One Monthly Goal

With the new month upon us (where did October go?), it’s time to set our new One Monthly Goal (OMG) for November. I’m linking up to Patty and the gang over at Elm Street Quilts




November will be a shorter and busier month than October. With Thanksgiving and the Christmas (etc) Holidays coming, the to-do lists get longer. I’m hoping to continue (as I have for the last three months) to finish up at least 3 works-in-process quilts. That is not as ambitious as it sounds, for as regular readers will know, I had a huge stack of UFOs that were in all stages of completion. 

For November, I’ve selected All You Need is Love for my completion goal. That means I need to sew the blocks for the last rounds, add them, baste the quilt, then quilt and bind it. It is not my closest-to-done quilt, but it is the most important as it will be a Christmas present for my daughter Megan.


I also wanted to thank you again for your suggestions (from your comments of a few posts ago) about what to do with all the family mink stoles and capes I had. I was able to find a local theater group - the Pioneer Theater, associated with the University of Utah - that was able and eager to take them.  Bruce and I delivered them yesterday, along with some nice vintage clothing (1920’s-1950’s) that I had collected over the years. It’s a great weight off my shoulders!

8 comments:

  1. Oh nice choice for your November goal--I don't set goals...ummmmI know I should, but life is
    short; so, I just jump around ("...turn around pick a bale o'cotton" lol)and dart from UFO to WIP and back (Maybe I was a Mexican jumping Bean in another existence?;}}}).
    Anywaaaay, I am hoping to finish my Ojos (no mo' ojos...) and get to my little Maverick Star pieces...hugs for a great weekend--your goal-less buddy Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the heck DID October go?? How in the world did I miss most of your posts in October (and other friend's posts too)? I start reading the list and get distracted and I guess never get back to it. Corey is home with his family and Nic has been sleeping at our house while Corey and Alyssa sleep in the 27' RV in our driveway. A 6 year old boy spending almost all his day at your home takes a LOT of attention. I've been sleeping through my computer time. You've had some great posts that I read through this morning. And of course, I am another of your goal-less friends.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very smart to give the furs to a theater group! I remember you asking about them, but then forgot to circle back and read the suggestions. Looking forward to seeing All You Need is Love all finished this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing motivates like a deadline. Either I’m getting older or having fun, so I’ll take the fun trip. I just finished a challenge project and it was so satisfying. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy! What a wonderful OMG project. I hope Megan doesn't read your blog! Oh boy, I have some serious projects to finish before the end of the year (six) and really want to think I can do it. Reading your concerns is giving me a little doubt - but nah, I'll push those away. I'm right here, encouraging you to get this one done because your daughter will LOVE it. Love IS all you need. Happy Happy Saturday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is going to love this quilt I'm sure - and a good selection as your finish goal for this month. That way it will be all ready to be wrapped in time for Christmas. And very glad you were able to find a happy home for your coats.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!