Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reminder & Another African Block

Just a reminder for everyone to get their entry(ies) in to my contest.  Just leave a comment on the post (it’s a few back) - it’ll tell you how to enter.  The deadline is tomorrow, July 9 at midnight.  I’ll draw names sometime over the weekend.  Because you get an entry if you are not only a commenter or follower of my blog, but a follower of Pam Kellogg’s blog (Kitty and Me Designs), I’ll have to double check that everyone is given the proper number of entries, OK?  Just want to be fair.  So, when that’s complete, we’ll do the drawing.  I’ll announce it here and


STOP THE PRESS!!!


I looked and saw that I just went over 100 followers, so you know what???  I’m going to add a THIRD prize to the drawing!!!!!  Woo-hoo!!  I’ll get that together tonight and will post a picture tomorrow.


And speaking of pictures, here’s the next in the Images of Africa quilt blocks....




The seam treatment is adapted from one of Sharon Boggon’s (remember her 100 details in 100 days series?)....




And finally .... a bit of serendipity.  I was at Home Fabrics today.  They’re a national home decorator chain (home dec fabrics and trims, rugs and stuff), and a great source (especially when they have sales) of fabrics I’ve used in my purses and fabric packs.  ANYWAY, I was checking out, having my fabrics measured by the most delightful young lady named Cherokee.  We talked about aprons and fabrics and sewing, etc. and I told her about my blog (shout out to Cherokee if you’re reading this!!).    So, I left feeling great (what a wonderful thing good customer service can be, don’t you think?!?).


Then, in the parking lot, one of the customers from the store stopped me and asked me if I ever used upholstery and other decorator fabrics in small quantities.   I told her not so much the heavy upholstery fabrics, but otherwise Yes and Yes.    She invited me to her store to pick up some sample books “that we end up throwing away several times a year”.  I haven’t gone yet, but will go over the next couple days.  Heck, if I can’t use it, I can find people who will, right?  There are always giveaways, fellow CQ’ers (I like to donate to the Crazy Quilting International Stash Dash every year at the Retreat) and even Wheeler Farm’s summer camp. 


So, that’s it for now.


Tomorrow:  pictures of the third prize giveaway, my wool crazy quilt blocks which have just arrived home from a round robin, and perhaps some apron pictures.  I’m also working on an Art Nouveau crazy quilt block for my friend Ritva in Finland, so perhaps I can share a progress shot (or even a completed block), too.

Cathy maroon

2 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying the incredible details in your African blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    Can you tell me more about CQ International Stash donations and what this goes to and how you do it? You can email me privately if you don't want to end up doing a feature..... :)
    Thanks,
    And I love the latest photo of your stitching! Certainly fit with the African theme

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!