Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meeting Author Debbie Macomber

What a thrill it was to learn that best-selling author Debbie Macomber (The Cedar Cove book series, the Blossom Street book series and many others) was going to be in town at Borders Bookstore in Murray, less than a mile from my house! So tonight I went down to Borders at 6:30 p.m. and got in line for her reading and book signing at 7:00 p.m.

There were about 25-30 of us there, and Debbie was so personable and fun. The set out chairs in a semi circle around her, and Debbie handed out free gifts to everyone, took questions (rather than doing a reading), and just laughed and talked with us. Then we got our books signed and pictures taken if desired.

Debbie inscribed my book: "To Cathy, What a wonderful smile you have! May all your wishes come true! Debbie Macomber (2 Tim 1:7)"

I'm currently reading her latest release, Twenty Wishes, and that is the book she signed for me. After the signing most people left, but for those of us left talking to her (about 8-9 of us), she invited us to join her for coffee in the bookstore's cafe. There we sat and talked and joked about all sorts of funny things - like how hubbies give us the eye when we bring home more stash. Debbie said she once bought out the shelving from a yarn store that was closing and now has filled it all - and then some! Now I ask you, is she is kindred spirit, or what?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!