But today is Saturday, and my focus this morning is on red scraps. Angela’s weekly Scrappy Saturday post for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is featuring all sorts of red eye candy, so come on over!
This week I finished up my red Friendship Star Variation blocks - 16 of them this time.
Then I took most of my red scraps and crumbs and made it into a slab..... which was backed and quilted and turned into a 12x18” (or thereabouts) quilt for the Best Friends animal shelter.
I added that to the other six quilts (at their small, random sizes, they are more like placemats or quiltlets) that I made this week. The pinkish-maroon tiger one was supposed to be for Darla, but when I put it down in front of the fireplace for her, she laid everywhere except on the quilt. Alrighty, then! So it will go as a kennel quilt for another more appreciative feline.
And I finally got the picture of my grandson Easton in the Jedi costume I sewed for him the week before last. Here he is with R2D2. Yep, he’s a good looking kid. And he`s graduating this year and will study mechanical engineering at college.
Moving along..... I’ve had some red and white scraps that were sent to me about 10 years ago by a crazy quilting friend. They are really red and off-white, and there were three prints left of about a half yard each. Using some red hearts for borders and a few other scraps that I had in my stash, I whipped this baby quilt top out. It’s 38x42”
The checkerboard fabric was difficult, and I struggled to come up with anything that looked halfway decent. Next week I’ll quilt it and add it to the donation pile. Someone will appreciate it.
I’ve basted my Rainbow Dresdens, and after deliberating for days, will begin quilting it this weekend. My goal is to finish it before month-end.
And now for my RSC totals for Red March.
|3 Bookshelf Blocks (12” square each)|
In this collage we have one red crayon, one selvage/scrap column, 2 Geese Migration blocks, 24 Bowties, 13 Plus blocks, 26 Friendship Stars, and a slab (that went into the kitty quiltlet). I didn’t do strip blocks this month because I already have them in red. That totals (with the bookshelf blocks above) 62 red blocks and one quilt top. Not a bad sewing month.
Health-wise, it could have been better for DH. His forearm is still sewn to his abdomen and the checkup a couple days ago shows that is going well. They will be able to detach it in 2 weeks.
Have a good week!