Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Stay at Home Round Robin 2024

After skipping last year (and truly missing it), I am once again participating in the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR). This is a fun annual event hosted by Quilting Gail and five other hostesses in the US and Canada.


This week we’re showing our beginning block, which will become the center of this medallion-style quilt along.  The idea is to begin with a random leftover block from our respective block “orphanages”. Then each week for the next six weeks, one of the hostesses will call out a block or motif (like a star, flying geese, checkerboard) and we’re to add that to our block and grow it into something fabulous. 

I decided to begin with this block that was given to me by our local Quilts for Kids group (it was a donation), since they know I like to play with scraps and exercise my creative bone. This block measures about 12.5” and contains bright kid colors that I’m sure will be easy to supplement from my stash as we move forward.


Bright green, orange, blue and chrome gold (and parrots!) What’s not to love?  There were also three smaller pinwheel blocks given with these fabrics, but I’ll take them apart to have 12 half-square triangles to use. 

The link for this week’s parade of blocks is HERE at Gail’s blog. The rest of the SAHRR schedule is:

 

·        


5 comments:

  1. Oh have fun with this SAHRR this year!! Nice choice for your center block....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using donated blocks to make a quilt for donation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun centre block. Thanks for joining the SAHRR and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely block. I love the parrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it will be a fun project! I remember you doing them before and it was always fun to see what the next addition would be.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!