Friday, January 26, 2024

Hectic Week

This week was so busy that I hardly got any sewing done. Really, I mean it this time! :-) I do have the last of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to show you for January’s color of bright and dark green and the first round of my Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR).  But first I have to whine. (Anyone have some cheese to go with that?)

We have moved from Moderate House Prep Mode into Full-on Ninja House Prep Mode. That means my top priority this week was coordinating a family work day for tomorrow (Saturday), emptying desks and bookshelves that will be moved or given away. I also painted a bedroom and closet. I’m trying to pace myself on the painting. In the next week I’ll be prepping 2 walls and painting in our downstairs office/bedroom.  The week after I’ll do the touch-up on one kitchen wall and baseboards around the house. We’re trying to get ready ASAP for the photographer to come so our listing can finally go live around mid-February. In the meantime, we’ve been looking at locations and condos/townhouses and have found one that we like. But will it still be there in another week or two when we get pre-qualified for a bridge loan while this house is on the market? Who knows. I have to focus on what I can control and let go of the rest for now. 

So, color me surprised that I even have anything to show you! First up, let’s take a look at the first round of the SAHRR.

Our hostess for Round One is Wendy of Peaceful Quilts. Wendy called for us to use the traditional Signature Block (also known as Indian Hatchet).  At Wendy’s link-up, you can see all the fun additions that the participants have sewn for this first round. This is what mine looks like.


It measures 18.5 x 24” at this point, so I’ll probably combine a couple rounds into one as I move forward, which we totally can do. But we’ll see what is called for the next round. I would like this to end up at roughly 40-45” wide and 50-55” long, so I’ll be keeping that in mind moving forward.

My final blocks for Green January in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are these simple Windmill blocks. Simple, that is, until you get rockin’ out to some Billy Joel music and lose track of what you’re doing and sew three of nine blocks backwards. *Cough, cough*. But that’s OK, I fixed ‘em. And Billy was totally worth the effort! Hey, did you hear that he has a new single being released on February 1? It’s called Turn the Lights Back On).


So, that’s it for my week. I’ll be linking up to Scrappy Saturday when that link goes live.  And if you’d like to come over and help me paint, don’t be bashful!  I invited my entire Weight Watchers workshop over to help me paint this week, and would you believe no one took me up on it? Serves them right because a good time was had by all. And by all, I mean me (wink).

Have a good week, friends!

19 comments:

  1. Oh golly! It’s gonna be a busy week or two for you. Don’t overdo. Remember to take care of yourself. It will all work out! 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy times at your house, Cathy! Hope plans for the the new place and the old all mesh together smoothly. Meanwhile, your SAHRR is starting out great with those pretty greens and blues, and the pinwheels are pretty, too. Have a good painting session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't even want to think of getting my house ready for a sale - we have been here so long - I would not want to thing of loans all over again when this one has been paid off for so many years

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine how much work you are having prepping your home for sale!! oof-dah!!
    Take it easy and rest between--don't hurt yourself...(Momma says hahaha)
    I like your Windmills in the greens and whites a lot...[P.S. I sewed on two borders of a one way print on upside down on the grandgirls' quilts--no excuse--just brain fog!! ] You are not alone in this!!:00000 Good luck this week hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. You cleverly integrated the blue with the green from your center bloc sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy time you’re having! Don’t overdo things. Glad you managed some sewing. Hope the painting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I forget to sign in with my previous comment!

      Delete
  7. Hi Cathy! Yowza. May I offer one tip of advice? My assumption is that you haven't painted in a bit. Painting involves a LOT of arm movement, ladder climbing, and overall activities that are not featured in sewing/quilting. Before, during, and after painting please try the easy yoga moves. Stand or sit in a semi-quiet place. Keep your neck relaxed, and your shoulders down and relaxed - gently tip your neck in one direction. Hold it there for a few beats and inhale deeply and exhale fully. Tip to the other side, and deep breathe. Next, gently roll you head foward to back to front, breathing deeply with shoulders and neck relaxed. These minor steps will release the tension you cannot help but feel before/during/after painting. Also, TAKE BREAKS. You sound tense in your words about this process but there's no reason to be. Honestly, top dollars will be yours if that wall is painted or it isn't. No one who loves the place will mind painting - they probably will anyway because of a color choice. The market is hot, still. The house being clean and declutter goes a long way toward letting its beauty shine. It will be okay. And God will put the perfect place in your path at the right time. Believe in the process. {{Hugs}} a bunch - you need them! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I forgot to say how much I love your SAHRR block!! Don't worry if you miss a round (or two) of that. You can catch up - you're quick! {{Hugs}} again. P.S.S. That was a long worded tip, wasn't it. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  8. If I were anywhere near you sweetie I would definitely come help! I live in fear of the day we buy a new house and have to excavate the archaeological dig that is our house and garage! it's going to be bad enough to go through just the garage all by it's self, next year when we renovate it for better usage by updating the tool shop and making me a studio.
    I don't think it has been organized or gone through since my hubbs bought the house in the 90's, eeEEppp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Painting - ahhhhhh, not for me, I hate paint dripping down my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the windmill blocks! And your SAHRR is looking interesting! Best wishes on the prep your doing and what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're getting ready to list your house before you've bought a new place? That takes some courage! Hope the workday goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the windmills! Your choice of mixing the blue and green signature blocks was great. I'm looking forward to seeing what next week brings for SAHRR. Moving is such a huge stressful task, especially when downsizing. I'm dreading that day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your SAHRR block looks great and your Green January is fun. Good luck with everything you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my, that does sound like a busy week! I’m amazed you got any sewing done. I like how your blues and greens pull the colors out of your center block.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness - I'm amazed that you had any time at the sewing machine with all you have going on! I like your SAHRR border - it looks great! Those RSC blocks are fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe you got this done....I am doing some moving of things in an apartment to our house and the boxes are still unpacked from 2 weeks ago. Love the two color choices in the border, and your RSC scrap challenge is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to hear that you are remembering to pace yourself with the painting, Cathy. Congrats on getting even that much GREEN sewing done this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!