Sunday, July 18, 2021

Positivity Progress

My friend Preeti is hosting The Positivity Quilt Along. The quilts that participants are making will go to benefit our friend Bernie’s group, Mercyful Quilts (for Mercy Hospital in California).


While participants may donate their quilt locally if they wish, I’ve chosen to send mine to Bernie because long ago (at least 2-3 years ago) I’d told Bernie I’d donate a quilt to her cause someday. I’m sure she doesn’t remember. Heck, I barely remembered! LOL

At any rate, I’ve finished the flimsy. I pinned it up on the design board. (Note to self: next time use more than 3 pins so it won’t be saggy). Regular followers know that if it’s a large quilt or top, it’s a problem for me to show it off. My quilt holder (DH) only has one arm! 


So I’m linking up with Bernie at Needle and Foot to join the others who are participating in this great cause! Thank you to Preeti and Bernie for all their work! 

12 comments:

  1. I realized I was just not going to be able to finish a full quilt for this challenge, so I've made 8 blocks for The Joyful Quilter's community Positivity Quilt. I'll post the blocks on IG as soon as I can get a photo.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used - it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty, cheerful quilt! And I'm wondering...if the hubby can get a banjo-picking attachment for his robo-arm, why not a quilt-holding one?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilt for a great cause - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s just great Cathy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it. The flimsy looks lovely. Thank you so much for playing along!
    Has Bruce considered being the photographer? You'd make an adorable model :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely flimsy. The purple crosses really pop! This is a great pattern and I hope that Bernie gets loads of quilts for her worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy! Wonderful quilt top for the Positivity QAL. I love all the different fabrics you've used and the layout with alternating background colors. {{Hugs}} Nice job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. And thank you for making a Mercyful Quilt. It is so pretty and I know it will bring comfort to whomever receives this. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!