Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Quilt Show Part 2

I knew I’d have too many quilt pictures to share in one post, so this is the second (and final) installment of the 2019 UQSM (Utah Quilt and Sewing Marketplace) quilt pictures. It was hard to narrow down which ones to share, but I’ve tried to include a variety. One category that I did not photograph were the traditional quilts done with Civil War report fabrics. They just don’t speak to me, although I do appreciate the workmanship that goes into them. I photographed but am not sharing some of the Special Exhibit quilts. Just so much - all lovely in their own right.

So let’s get to the business at hand. 

Another Youth (age 18 and under) quilt winner, although you can see I cut off the credits.


A couple modern quilts I liked:


A great improv quilt using solids.



The detail on this one was exquisite. 


There was an exhibit of Hot and Cold quilts. These were my favorites:




For this next quilt series, I am putting the credits first so you can read about (or not) how this series of quilts came about through the Social Justice Sewing Academy. There was so many wall quilts, but this stood out to me.




















And last but not least, this Bride’s Bouquet quilt. This is a bucket list quilt of mine. I want to use a Tamara Kate floral for the alternating blocks and one of her geometrics for the bouquet bases. I have to find just the right ones, though. Her new line, ABLOOM, is beautiful and is due out in stores in the USA in June. That may be the one!




I hope you enjoyed the quilt show!

Tomorrow I’ll have some pictures of my meeting today with Emily Bailey of Aunt Em’s Scrapbag blog. She coordinates Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo, one of the Hands2Help charities. She’s an amazing woman with super talent and a generous heart.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! I love the Hot and Cold quilts, and found the Social Justice wallhanging very interesting. Thanks for sharing this great show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SEW much for sharing more of the quilt show with us. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social justice from A to Z...what a fantastic group! So much gorgeousness and talent here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Medallion quilt was The Quilt Show block of the month in 2018. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy! Oooh, lots and lots of inspiration in these quilts. It is amazing to me the different paths quilters can take - there truly is inspiration in everything. And, I look forward to reading your interview with Emily. I love her charity - it makes me just want to {{hug}} her for doing it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love Love the Activists ABC Quilt Series. If an idea cannot be described in a picture choose a person who represents that idea. I cannot say enough good things about this quilt series. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I definitely enjoyed your quilt show! Thank you for taking time to take photos and put them together to share with us. So much talent out there!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!