Thursday, May 31, 2018

May OMG becomes June OMG.

Another month, another down-to-the-wire goal deadline. This time, I goofed. I thought my May OMG (One Monthly Goal) was to finish the top of this baby quilt, and that I did. Shall we take a look?


I finished all the sashing and cornerstones. It looks a bit wonky at the bottom because the first four rows are pinned to the design board and the last row is just hanging freely.

Anyway, as I began this post, I checked my original goal-setting post in early May and was dismayed to find out that my goal was to finish the entire quilt - quilting, binding and all.  Oops. So, I didn’t make it. In my defense, I’ve been sick much of the last week with a stomach ailment which we have finally traced to one of my meds - and to my age (stomach lining thins as we age). So, I’m taking a break from the medication for awhile (it’s my Meloxicam for arthritis symptoms). Simultaneously I’m beginning to take Pantoprazole, a prescription-strength antacid to give my tummy a break. I’ll be able to start back on the Meloxicam in a week or two, but will have to continue with both down the road. My life seems to be in pill bottles these days.

But on to sweeter things. Our daughter Stacy’s labor will be induced on June 29 (if she doesn’t go into labor naturally first) so this quilt for baby girl Evie now becomes my JUNE One Monthly Goal. Given how much time I’ve been spending in the garden and in preparation for my Kenya trip, this seems do-able but not overwhelming.

I am linking up to Elm Street Quilt’s June OMG goal-setting link party. Why not join us and see what others have planned for June?





12 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet quilt and Baby Girl won't know you missed one deadline ... as long as you meet hers.

    Meloxicam is a miracle drug, but I find too many NSAIDs mess with my kidneys. I hope you can find a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilt is adorable and very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that adorable quilt! Sorry about your stomach ails--I can totally empathize...
    I can no longer eat spicey stuff w/o paying for it ...or even a lot at one sitting...
    you'd think I'd be losing all kinds of lb-age--but Nooooo, of course not!! Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a lovely top! Sounds like you have plenty of time to finish before Evie arrives. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slower to finish means longer to love. Get well soon so you can back to three quilts per week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll get this finished in time to welcome the new little one! I hope you get your meds balanced quickly and get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this quilt to so pastel pretty. So baby perfect. Yay, a June baby for sure and she might be born on my mother's birthday.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable baby quilt! Hopefully June will be a good month for a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be a beautiful quilt for little Evie. By the way, tell your daughter that is a beautiful name. I am getting grand baby girl Quincy in September.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt and congratulations on the little one on the way! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you have been under the weather - hopefully the medication issue is fixed before you go on your big trip. And a grandbaby on the way....now we know why the baby quilt is being created (and, btw, it's perfect).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!