Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wild Apron

One of my co-workers at Wheeler Farm where I work part-time asked me to make her a half apron. She is in charge of the boutiques we have there on a monthly basis and she needed an apron with large pockets where she could stash paper, pens, notes, business cards, tape, etc.

This is what I came up with:


It's just pinned up on my design board here, so it looks wide. In real use, it would wrap around the sides a bit, but I wanted to show the pockets. The skirt is not gathered and I didn't use a pattern. I had these three great coordinating fabrics and just decided that if Erin didn't like it, I'd make her a different one and I'd keep this one. But she LOVED it!

Above is the pocket detail. These were Home Dec fabrics I used; the cottons are excellent in quality and a bit heavier, making them perfect for aprons. We have a Home Fabrics store nearby, and they sell these cottons for $2.50 per yard. Needless to say, I stocked up!

4 comments:

  1. How could she not love it! It is adorable - love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design, too cute pockets! I am gathering fabric to make a few aprons myself. Will post when I am done.
    rockcandy56.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. You have such a great eye for color and pattern combinations. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!

    It is such a wet and gloomy day. I think I will power through my housecleaning and go stitch for a while!

    I think of you often and the fun day we spent together at your house. What a wonderful hostess you are!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, that apron is just adorable! I love those colors - yummy. I hope you make yourself one too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!