Sunday, July 13, 2008

This and That

Wow, the last few days have been a whirlwind!! I was very busy stitching on Thursday and Friday, and then we had a fun-filled weekend. And for the most part I had the camera along, so I've got a few things to share over the next couple days!

But first, DH & I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Saturday. We took a trip up to Ogden, UT (about an hour north of us) to visit their Farmer's Market and Western Days celebrations. Bruce (DH) takes banjo lesson from Mike Iverson, relatively well-known in these parts. Mike was playing at the festivities, so we wanted to see him. Also, there is the greatest needlework shop in Ogden called The Needlepoint Joint . Naturally, I had to visit while we were in town. I'll blog our entire visit separately, but here are the "stash enhancements" I purchased.

I will be starting on a Cream on Cream round robin this week, as well as a piecing a white on white block for Leslie's breast cancer project, hence the emphasis on white and ivory. And then greens never to to waste..... and sometimes there are just things you can't resist...... ;-)

On Friday I finished up a sundress for my soon-to-be step-granddaughter Lauren (my son's fiance's daughter) and a Jedi cape for her brother Easton. I didn't get a picture (drat!) of the cape, but here is the simple little sundress for Lauren.


Finally, we went out this weekend and bought a CD of Duffy, recommended by my daughter Megan (age 22). After listening to clips on YouTube, we were blown away. Her voice has been compared to Dusty Springfield, Lulu, and others of the sixties-era English singers. Her style is retro, bluesy with an almost-Motown feel. Check her out!

Tomorrow I'll blog our interesting trip on Saturday to Ogden..... and some other things to share. Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!