Thursday, October 4, 2018

About Those Cats ...

Darla and Alfie told me last week that they wanted their own quilt. They’re tired of being scooted off any chair or quilt that is covered with a quilt for me or Bruce. They said not only should parents have quilts, but furkids need them too.

Well, they spoke and I listened.

Last spring, during the Utah Shop Hop, I picked up a Cat-i-tude fabric panel by Ann Lauer. Here’s a picture of the panel.  If you’ll click on the picture, you can see more of the colors that aren’t readily obvious.


 Anyway, I cut up the squares, which are not really square at all, and kept the colored frame around them. I trimmed the black and gray sashing away and added my own black borders on the six “squares”. Then, using the purple, pink, turquoise and some of the green to fill in, I pieced some alternate blocks. It was a fun and quick “squirrel” project.

The colors of the alternate blocks match much better than the picture shows - my camera just wouldn’t SEE them properly. The green is more of an avocado and none of the colors are as in-your-face bright as the picture shows. You can even see the difference in the frames around the cats between the picture above and below. Yet neither is totally accurate.


Anyway, I basted it this morning and plan to quilt it later today or tomorrow. I’ll have a finished quilt to show on Saturday. The kitties are pleased so far, although it doesn’t rank among their favorites....

And a few days ago, Sally posted a picture of her supervisor, Molly. From. The. Rear. Can you believe it? I’d hate to be in Sally’s shoes when Molly finds out, LOL!! You can see the picture HERE.  Alfie and Darla were surprised to learn that Molly wears white bloomers! So naturally, they had to get in on the act and show their fashion wear.

Darla wears black velvet stilettos.


Alfie wears crew socks (he’s such a guy...)


And while we were taking pictures for this post, I figured a couple facial photos might be nice.

Darla

Alfalfa
Alfie goes in next Monday to get his teeth cleaned. He’s not going to like that, but he’ll be home the same day. Darla’s teeth were not as bad, so she’ll go in after the Holidays.


I’m wondering if Alfie’s predilection for eating Vanicream has anything to do with it, haha.  He started licking Bruce’s arm whenever Bruce put it on his skin after the surgeries last year. I use the Lite lotion for my feet, keep it on my nightstand, and rub it in every night. No, Alfie doesn’t lick my feet, but he sure goes after that spout if I leave anything there. So I don’t. Crazy Cat!

10 comments:

  1. Gotta love the rear view mirror look of the kitties - they are definitely struttin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat quilt is great! I never thought about making the cats their own quilt, but it seems mine are never interested until I'm trying to use it... As for the licking of lotion, one of my fur-babies will go insane if you use lotion of any kind, going as far as trying to burrow under covers at night if she can smell it, to lick it off and make me smell right again. But she's just fine with the bottle sitting over there...they're such peculiar things these cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Speaking of cats, check your Instagram DM’s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty kitty quilt. I think this fabric line is gorgeous even though I'm not a cat person. I can't imagine me making a quilt for my DOGS!! They are so hard on their blankets. Often they become tug of war toys. But I do love the pics of you pets. They always look so interested.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darla's stilettos cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny post today! I love Darla's black velvet stilettos! But when I tried to check out Molly's photo, it was a dead link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful panel and you’ve really done it justice with your flimsie. But be sure and tell Daria and Alphie that they are far more beautiful, simply terrific cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute kitty quilt--I love the colors...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darla has the lovely green/blue eyes like Molly. Such a good choice for photography--the blue ones go straight to laser red. However, the stilettos
    see a bit over the top...compared to white bloomers of course.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!