Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Wool Block Completed

Today I finished my work on Leslie's block for our Wool RR.  Actually, it's a DYB "do your block", where everyone stitches one complete block that's been pieced by its owner.


Leslie requested no beads or SRE because this will go into a utility crazy quilt she's making.  Stitching on wool with perle cotton or silk perle is a dream, so I had fun doing seams and adding a few motifs.  I wanted to include the three friendship rings instead of a spiderweb as a traditional motif to let Leslie know I consider her a special friend.  We've worked on so many things together that it seemed appropriate.

The tatted butterfly was received as a gift somewhere along the line (wish I remembered when and who, LOL).  The "Breckenridge" label was a bit of serendipity.  I do save clothing labels, and this one just jumped out at me since both Leslie and I planned and attended a Retreat for CQI last September in Breckenridge. The leaves are left over from my November autumn block that was published in the 2002 Quilting Arts Calendar.

Until next time,
Cathy

7 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful block you made Cathy. Made with love and care and lovely thoughts. I know it is heaven to embroider on wool, I am making a wool quilt myself. It is my WISP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous block, you have outdone yourself. I love all the thought that went into it. You made it so personal. This is so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful! My mom was a quilter and I have an appreciation for them, just not the skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Cathy. A lovely selection of colours, and what a change to see plain fabric. Your embroidery shows up so well, and it all looks so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Cathy! It gives me a slight feeling of Autumn. I've never done a CQ in wool. I may have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, thanks for the inspiration-as I am brand brand new at cq and I love wool so want to make a quilt in wool

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!