Saturday, June 7, 2008

Purse Contest - I Won !!

Wooo-hooo!! I'm doing the Happy Dance!!. My purse entry "Deco Diva" won first place in the Crazy Quilting International 2008 Purse Competition. There were 23 people who signed up and 13 actual purses in the competition. Voting was by secret ballot for first (5 pts), second (3 pts) and third (1 pt) places. When points were totaled, the winners were announced. I'm so excited because there was stiff competition and some absolutely breathtaking purses!!

Here, then are some pictures of my winning entry:

Here is a close-up of the detail on the right side of the purse front. The lace is hand-dyed with potassium permanganate, the jeweled trim is "recovered" from a vintage dress, and the diva has a feather in her cap.
Below is a picture of a stumpwork purse on the upper left of the purse front.

The interior is lined in silk with a moire pocket (ran out of the silk, LOL). I fused some lightweight fleece to the back of the lining to add body and strength to the purse and strength for the magnetic snap closure. The back isn't very exciting. I made it purposefully simple. Again, the laces are hand-dyed. I think I'll probably sell this purse when I get my Etsy shop running.......

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cathy on your gorgeous purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Cathy! Your purse is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win Cathy. Your purse is very pretty, it looks vintage. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! This bag is just beautiful. Now you can use it with even more pride...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Cathy! You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathy, Congratulation on your purse being a big winner. It is truly gorgeous. Well, deserved. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngratulation! You purse is exquisite...all the embellishments and stitching it's all so beautiful...that little purse embellishment in the corner there is ADORABLE. OF course you won!...I blog hopped over here from Melissa's at HoneyBeesBLiss. I hope you don't mind. I do so admire all the needlearts, especially CQ and SRE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your purse is wonderful and I voted for it at the first look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! And congrats on your win. It's as it should be!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!