Friday, September 11, 2026

Some Progress

I didn’t have much time for sewing this week. It was the first of two weeks of crazy obligations - HOA meetings, spreadsheets and parties, doctor appointments (for us and for the cats coming up next week), meetings with our contractors for the remodeling that will start soon (2 bathrooms, the living room floors and fireplace, and some new carpet in the master bedroom), family visiting us from Arizona, a landscaping class I’m taking with a couple friends, and the usual weekly to-do’s like walking, cards at the clubhouse (I’m opening and closing for that this month), and Weight Watchers. There are 2-3 things on the calendar for every day until the last week of the month. So far, I’m juggling managing just fine - the walking really helps clear my mind. At this point, I’m really looking forward to winter “slow time”! Or even just the end of the month. 

One thing I did sew on this week on Sunday and whenever I could grab a half hour here or there, was yellow string blocks. The infusion of scraps from Quilts for Kids at the beginning of May before my last knee surgery has my string bins overflowing. I finished 45 string blocks for Quilts for Kids - 3 sets of 15 blocks that will finish at 6”.  I’ll do another set of 15 next week and leave the rest for next year. But I know that they will multiply in the intervening time!! 

I haven’t trimmed the blocks yet, so I’m just going to show you a picture of the blocks pressed with papers removed. I’ll trim them when I’m at the QFK workshop today. And probably sew up some more multi-colored string blocks. 


The only other thing was trimming and binding the Purple Unicorns little quilt. It finished at 40.5x 50”.

That’s about it from here. I’m grateful that our weather has cooled down. Late summer and autumn are so beautiful here in Northern Utah. Even down here in the valley, the colors are beginning to show. Life really is very good. 

Linking to Scrappy Saturday and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 



No comments: