On to the sewing that happened this week. First up, I stitched three Rolling Stone blocks in yellow and gold. That was the color of the month in August for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC), but I did purple then. So now I’m doing yellow. These blocks finish at 12”.
When I get around to assembly (likely next year), they will be set 4x5 for a quilt that measures approximately 48x60”.
I also sewed just four Hollow Nine blocks at 6.5” each, unfinished size.
These will continue on this year and next until I decide what to do with them. Use as is? Use them as the center of a larger block? Who knows… I sure don’t!
No progress was made on the Block of the Month quilt top I’m assembling. I just didn’t feel like working on it this week. Here’s a reminder of what that one looks like as it hogs up my design board..
Nothing much else is going on with us, and that’s alright with me. The “same old same old” routine of HOA Board meetings, Weight Watchers, medical appointments (think booster shots and cortisone injections), outdoor walks, and “Church of Bernina” sewing days lend a pleasant rhythm to the weeks. And pssssst - keep this a secret, OK? - I am even feeling the fall nesting urge to do some batch cooking in the next week or two. I’m planning on lasagna, meatloaf, enchiladas, oatmeal cookies and a pot roast in my October. Bruce is rooting for the cookies in September. Could happen!





1 comment:
Lovely projects all, Cathy;))) We are in the midst of a howling Nor'Easter--the winds woke me up this morning--i am not a fan of that constant sound...hoping our big, old trees --still in full leaf--can withstand this blow!! Hugs, Julierose
Post a Comment