Saturday, May 4, 2024

Some Pink Sewing

Hello friends! I was happy to finish up two of my chosen monthly blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. For the month of May, we are focusing on beating back our pink scraps. My pink scraps somehow manage to multiply when I’m not looking, so there’s no chance of clearing them all out this month! But I did manage to sew up:

Three Color Sticks Blocks:

and two Windmill Blocks:

This week was once again filled with errands and gatherings and contractors. I’ll spare you all the details, but the highlights included Bruce’s birthday (we had a lovely dinner at a fancy restaurant), my annual physical (all is well), a visit from family who helped us hang the last of the pictures and things (until after the remodel, anyway), more contractors - plumbers, landscapers (checking out the sprinkler system valve), and a coffee date with a new friend. And several walks around the lush, green condo grounds. 

Next week we meet to finalize plans with one of the bidding kitchen contractors and possibly sign a contract if all goes well. Fingers crossed! I have two gatherings with women friends next week, plus a couple of friends (a couple we used to pal around with) from the old neighborhood are coming over one evening to see the new place. 

Friend Ruby and I will be taking a public tour of the new Mormon Temple that’s been built here in the Salt Lake Valley. The LDS Church always lets the public tour (much of it) before a new temple is officially dedicated. Ruby has been once already and says the paintings, stained glass, woodwork and sheer artistry throughout is incredible and awe-inspiring. And this morning (Saturday) Bruce and I spent a couple hours with the young couple who bought our old home to give them a crash course on drip irrigation and help them out. They also invited us to come in and check out some of the changes they’ve made. They’re such sweethearts, and we had a good time. They don’t have any local family, so we feel good about being a safety net and source of information to them on the house and yard. 

Our grandson Easton - the one who’s a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy - got home from a duty assignment a couple weeks ago. Here’s a picture of his submarine coming in to port. 

Easton and Madalyn driving home after being apart for a few weeks. I love this picture!!

This weekend I begin sewing sashings and cornerstones to the Anne of Green Gables quilt blocks I’m making. Hopefully I can get the quilt top partly or even mostly assembled this coming week. 

Oh! Bruce and I took a couple hours to assemble a new cat condo for Darla and Alfalfa one afternoon. The cats were good inspectors, and promptly took up residence. They seem to really like it. Darla insisted that I get some pictures of it and them next week. Who am I to refuse a direct order from our feline overlords?

Linking up to Scrappy Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Glad Easton is home for a bit! Nice to hug those grandkids! I like the windmill blocks. Especially the one with the cat background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pink blocks, Cathy! Glad you're getting some time to sew in between everything else that needs to be accomplished with your move. How neat to see Easton's submarine coming in to port!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things seem to be settling down nicely in your new home. How wonderful that you could help out the new owners of your previous home with some issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your weekly posts- so different to my life here, so interesting. Great little pink blocks to add to your RSC stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're week was so busy I don't know how you got any sewing done at all. I'm sure the tour of the Mormon temple will be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pink blocks, Cathy. You mange to pack so much activity in your days and as much information (and joy) in your posts. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're establishing a nice new routine. Yes, pinks seem to proliferate (until you want Just the Right One and then....). When the Chicago Temple opened -- maybe 35 years ago -- they had tours. Very interesting. (I asked what they did when a Temple needed repairs (HVAC, etc.) and was told that they allowed workers to come in, then reconsecrated / sealed it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another whirlwind week at Chez Kizerian. And yes, I think since you and Bruce got a new condo, it is only fair that Darla and Alfalfa get one, too. I'm glad the new owners felt comfotable reaching out to you for advice and that you felt comfortable assisting them, after the way the pushy realtor treated you. Were you bothered by the changes they made? It can sometimes be disconcerting to see what new owners have done with "your" house.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!