Thursday, May 7, 2020

One Monthly Goal for May

OMG! I almost forgot to name my OMG - One Monthly Goal - for May! Many thanks to Patty at Elm Street Quilts who hosts this monthly challenge to keep us focused on our goals and the finish line.  :-).  I’m going to link up to her goal-setting post and get my stitching game on (since it’s one of the only games in town, LOL).


I’ve been participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for years, and I love when I’ve been through all the colors and can finally finish up a quilt from blocks that have been sewn in all the colors. I started making Garlic Knots (more traditionally called Arrowhead Puzzle blocks) early in 2019. Last month, I got impatient and needed some regular (read: mindless) sewing between other projects, so I finished up the red and yellow blocks, which were the only colors remaining. 

So now, my goal for May is to get these blocks sewn into a quilt top (flimsy) and then basted, quilted and bound. In other words, I want to totally finish this quilt and tick it off my UFO list in May. 


These are just some of the 8.5-inch (unfinished size) blocks, but I have more than enough now to make a quilt with 80 blocks, with 3 left over. It should finish at about 64x80”.  I look forward to playing with these blocks to determine the color layout and pattern I want to do.

I hope you’re staying safe and healthy, and that the weather in your little corner of the world is behaving itself.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the options with your garlic knots! I may have to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK on the safe and healthy front, if you don't count going a little stir crazy, but as far as the weather - not so much. We're expecting a polar vortex (in May?????) that will bring record cold for several days and snow on Saturday night. We've had snow this late before, but not often. Why this year of all times? Oh well, more time to quilt.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy! This sounds like just the ticket for you to work on in May. It's a bit ambitious but then if you don't make the goal, nothing happens. I like to aim high! I hope you and Bruce are doing well. I continue to hold you both in my prayers. Take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just have to skip ahead to the colors you want to work with, right? I've heard a bit of grumbling about dark green following so close on the heels of bright green. As if we all can't just sew any color we want :) Your garlic knots are getting so close that vampires are quaking in their highly polished, pointy toed boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garlic Knots are such a fun design to sew! I'm glad you jumped ahead on the colors to finish up this quilt. After all, you're not actually committing a crime by doing so. I think about you and Bruce quite often and hope that all is going as well as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Methinks you have good reason to let the odd thing slip your mind my friend. As for the weather here, I won't mention what fell from the sky both yesterday and today. Not much, but it's happening. Argh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I can not wait to see how you layout the quilt top also! It is going to be awesome when finished, and so worth the wait. I hope you are able to accomplish your goal this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. big project, looks pretty! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!