Monday, April 30, 2018

Under the Wire for my April Goal

Whew! Here it is, 5:30 pm (Mountain Daylight Time), four hours until the deadline for finishing my OMG - One Monthly Goal. And I finished! YAY!!!  My goal for April was to get the top of my husband Bruce’s “Groovy Guitars” (a pattern by Robbie Joy Ecklow) cut, placed and fused. My goal-setting post was HERE.


I'm very pleased with the primary and secondary colors I used. Bruce wanted bright on black, and boy do these colors sing! Or should I say they “play” well together! I’m so full of puns today!! Probably because I’m doing a happy dance at getting this beast moved along to the next stage.

Right now I’m waiting for special polyester thread and finer gauge needles to arrive before I can move on to the next step - machine appliqué. I learned so much about this from my friend Angela at Quilting on the Crescent. Thanks for the great post, Angela! But all those tuning pegs and assorted other dots (64 of them total) will be hand appliquéd. The appliqué will be a goal for June so I can work on another project for my May goal.

So, I’m linking up to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the April OMG Finish. Come see all the wonderful finishes!




12 comments:

  1. What a great quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, that is fabulous! (I knew it would be.) Have fun finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Cathy, love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's so pretty with the bright colors on black. Looks like you are going to be doing a lot of hand work.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Cathy - that is an awesome quilt! I know your hubby will be thrilled with it. Love the bright colors on black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning, Cathy--definitely "In Tune" --and I am not just "stringing you along"(hahaha)all kidding aside--can't help myself!!:)))
    I love your placement of the guitars...lovely job on this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This quilt takes my breath away - you are one very talented lady! I'm sure your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out and good luck with your machine and hand appliquè!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the thought of dealing with all those dots is enough to make me curl up and hide.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!