Several years ago, I thought it would be fun to be a pattern tester for Sara Lawson (of Sew Sweetness), whom I met at the 2012 Sewing Summit in Salt Lake City. She was, at the time, just beginning to focus primarily on bags rather than dress and bag patterns. After a call for pattern testers, and because she remembered and apparently liked me (go figure!), I was selected. And it was fun, while it lasted. But that is when cancer came to call the for the first time in Bruce’s arm (and lymph nodes, and lungs, they thought. Later they learned they were wrong about the last two) and my world was turned upside down. I never finished this bag.
So now here we are, and I have a colorful UFO in the form of a bag-to-be. Specifically, it's the Dot Dot Dash Bag. Cynthia Brunz assured me that this would be a great inclusion to her semi-annual Quilty Orphan Adoption event, and so here we go!
What you will get if you are selected as this orphan’s adoptive parent:
1. All the fabric pieces are cut out - main fabric, lining, interfacing and stablizer (either By Annie’s Soft & Stable or Pellon’s Foam Flex)
2. All the hardware (zippers and slides) is included.
3. All the main fabric and lining has had the interfacing fused to it.
4. Several of the sewing steps have been completed and checked off.
5. Complete written instructions and patterns, with a note of where I left off. Please note that this is a very rough (pre-publication) copy of the pattern and has a lot of personal notations and corrections on it.
Everything you need to complete the purse is included, and the yucky parts (cutting, fusing) have all been done! YAY!! And I will even mail it to you, at my expense, if you are in the USA. If you are outside of the USA, you are still eligible, but we will have to talk about dividing up the postage cost. And in the case of this bag, I’m not requiring that it be donated to charity; make it for yourself or someone you know who loves bright colors!!
If you are interested in adopting this project, just let me know in the comments of THIS POST. I will keep the adoption open through Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 6pm Mountain Daylight Time. The winner will be selected by Random Number Generator, then contacted and announced on the blog on Friday, March 23.
And while you’re at it, why not check out all the other orphans at Cynthia’s Spring 2018 Quilty Orphan Adoption event, or subscribe (if you don’t already) to her great blog.