Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Victorian Women RR - Lisa’s Block

I am having a surprising amount of fun and enjoyment with this round robin!   Victorian is such a fun theme to do, with the frills and flowers and such. Oh, and lace of course. 

Lisa did all her blocks in pastels, and I selected this one to work on. 

Lisa’s naked Block 1

First I trimmed the center silk print with vintage tatting and a gold trim. Then I decided we needed lace in the top area.  :-)  And of course, flowers to coordinate with and echo the other colors in the block; pink roses and yellow whateverflowers. 

Block 1, Finished.


Then I added some fancy seam stitching, a lace fan, some beads and called it done.  :-) Lisa, I hope you like it!

Lisa’s first 3 finished blocks: by Connie, Gerry H. and Cathy

And this is off in the mail to Hideko in Japan. Just squeezed in the mailing before we halt for the crazy mail month of December.  But that`s alright; it’s not like I don’t have anything to work on!!

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

5 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I think your additions went with the fabrics and the theme perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely block Cathy! The tatting really sets the silky off I think. Your work is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She should be so pleased. Your stitching and embellishments are perfect for the block and it looks very Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing these all completed, they're all so different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cathy for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. Life is hectic and is so hard to keep up lately...........I'm sure you know what I mean!

    What an adorable quilt block, you have made it truly beautiful and the lucky recipient should be thrilled to bits when she receives it.

    Have a wonderful December!

    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!