Saturday, December 31, 2011

Projects and Christmas Cracker

There are just a few things I wanted to share before year end.  In my next post, I will have some vintage New Years images for you, but first…

This was the Christmas Cracker I got from Molly P. in the Crazy Quilting International annual Christmas Cracker Swap.  Thank you, dear Molly! The pieced block that covered the cracker is awesome, and I will definitely use that - I think it’s time for a new Christmas pillow.  I love the beads and sequins, finger cots and beading thread - all sorts of good things I can use.  And I especially love the lavender lace lamb!! This was such a fun giftie!


As I was finishing up the piecing of my CQ Journal Project yesterday (finished photo in the next day or two). I realized that the center needlepoint I plan to use only has a salvageable area of 15x15”, not 16 x 16 as I had originally planned.  That just means that the finished block area will have to be 7.5 x 7.5 inches each, but I need to re-mark each block (at least on the back), or I will end up having to chop off things I don’t want to. I know. I’ve done THAT before.


My daughter Megan has two dogs, Chester and Charlie.  She asked me if I would make “the granddogs” some winter coats. She bought the fleece, I bought the pattern and have cut them out according to their measurements. The plan is to get these done over the New Years weekend. We keep waiting to get snow this winter, but even so, it’s very cold and they need some protection. *Sigh*  Yep, I’m a sucker!  ;-)


My step-daughter Emily is having fun with her Cricut machine, and this is the sign she made me for Christmas.  Isn’t it cute?  She made one for Bruce that says “Laboratory”.  Hehehe, she knows us too well.


With that, I am off to fill orders and get them mailed today, last mailing of the year.  It’s been a great year for Cathy’s Crazy by Design.  Thank you all for your friendship and support.

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas Cracker! And I'd love to know where she found the little lamb applique. There is one thing though, what are those little white things!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a Wonderful New Year! May it be filled with Joy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!