Thursday, April 29, 2010

If You Don't Like the Weather...

...just wait five minutes and it will change.  Utah's motto.  (I'm sure you've got one similar for your area).  


Today we had near white-out conditions here in the Salt Lake Valley.   The farm where I work (Wheeler Farm) canceled all school tours and wagon rides for safety issues.  I had a physical therapy appointment at 1:30 in the afternoon.


Here are a few pictures I snapped from my front porch before leaving for my appointment.


Looking east to driveway.  Spent daffodils in protected front window planterbox.  The grass, tulips and dwarf Japanese Maple are getting snowed on.

Looking across the street.  THIS IS A COLOR PHOTO!  It was snowing pretty hard at that point.

My pink tulips look like they've got white frosting on them!  

So, this is what it looked like around 1:00 in the afternoon.   Two hours later, when I got home around 3:00, this is what it looked like:


It's Utah in the spring.  What can I say??

Cathy maroon

8 comments:

  1. Your tulips look so pretty with their snow frosting! Similar day here but hopefully nicer tomorrow!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks a lot like the weather here in Nevada, Snows, then rains then it was actually hot outside and then snowed the next day.

    I hope your tulips survived uninjured, they are so beautiful:)


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is incredible!! One would think all the snow would be lying around for days! Melbourne has the same reputation - if you don't like the weather, stick around...etc. I don't mind it really - I hate endless days of heat, or endless days of cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty snow frosted tulips you have! Wish we had some snow days instead of he tornado days that we just had. Neat how it just goes away by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great. I loved living in Utah.

    Your weather reminds me of Colorado. I live in the Arizona high desert now, about 3500 feet and we had rain, sleet and snow yesterday. Today it is sunny and 70.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy but beautiful~!

    Just like your needlework...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, snow and tulips don't mix well! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha, it's been the same in Colorado this week. I guess it keeps us on our toes, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!