Sunday, May 20, 2018

Quilting for Charity

This is my first year to participate in Sarah’s (of Confessions of a Fabric Addict) annual online charity drive, Hands2Help. I try to focus my energies to include one or two worthy causes in my sewing rota. Last year it was kennel quilts for Best Friends Animal Society. This year so far it’s been Hands2Help (H2H). And there will be other causes as the year progresses, I’m sure.


When I learned that two of the charities for H2H this year were right here in Utah, and one was run by Emily of Em’s Scrap Bag blog (a blog I read regularly), I knew where I was going to donate my quilts. Emily’s charity is Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo (the Huntsman Cancer Institute). She also donates to Primary Children’s Hospital, a favorite charity of mine and also of my friend Terri. 

Emily (L) and Cathy (R)

Emily and I met up in April and I was able to give all six of my quilts to her. It not only saved mailing costs, but was a fun way to meet a generous lady. Let me show them to you, although you can see four of them in the above picture.











If you click on the tab "Quilts 2012-2018” (located under my blog header), you can read about these quilts - sizes, names, etc. 

I so look forward to participating in Hands2Help again next year! To all the people who have sewn or organized or donated gifts or time for the H2H causes, thank you. We surely need more of this in the world today. 



13 comments:

  1. So nice to see a pic of Emily, and your quilts are all lovely. I bet she loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waytogo, Cathy! They are all lovely and I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you and Emily were able to meet in person. Your quilts are gorgeous and so fun. Great finishes and donations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, this was such a generous donation! All those beautiful quilts! I know they will be loved and appreciated by folks going through chemo. Thank you for donating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful quilts, and I'm so jealous that you've met Emily in person! So far, we're just long distance blog friends... I'm glad you participated this year and hope to see you back again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, all these quilts are lovely - that selvages quilt, oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing contribution and a bonus that you got to save all that postage by hand delivering. I'm thankful to just get one quilt made and mailed. Mine's going to Happy Chemo, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts! That selvage quilt is amazing. How cool that you were able to deliver these in person to Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salvages quilt is awesome. Lucky you to get to save on postage:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! they are all so nice, I would love to meet Emily, I have donated to Happy Chemo before. It's great to see all your wonderful quits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure the organization was thrilled to get your quilts! I tried to pick a favourite and have to say that it's probably the selvage one that gets my vote, although I doubt I'd be able to sleep under it because I'd be too busy trying to read all the selvages!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How neat that you were able to deliver your quilts in person. They are such a pretty grouping.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!