Monday, January 1, 2018

Off and Running with OMG - One Monthly Goal

I’m not going to let any grass grow under my feet this year when it comes to quilting and sewing goals! There are so many projects I have in progress and many more I want to start, so in order to stay on task and keep myself organized, I’ll be playing along with Elm Street Quilts in the fabulous One Monthly Goal challenge (OMG).

For January, I’ve selected my Friendship Stars work-in-process as the quilt I’d like to finish for my January OMG. For those who are new to my blog, I’ve been participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for several years now. Our hostess, Angela, picks a color each month and we work on blocks and/or projects to use up those colored scraps. Often projects span a couple years or even longer.


This is my Friendship Stars variation. Obviously, the piecing of the flimsy is in process, so it is a do-able goal.  All the blocks are sewn, and I just need to finish adding the white inner border, then sew the blue and purple blocks in a ring around that. And THEN there is the quilting and binding to finish.

I’m linking up with Patty and the gang for the January OMG HERE.


12 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy...this is a gorgeous quilt--I love your clear fresh colorways...lovely work--hugs for a Happy and productive New Year...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks and this will be a awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be one beautiful quilt. I love the idea of using simple blocks like these for the RSC. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I can't imagine even a blade of grass growing under your feet. Keep up the good work and Have a fun week!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not letting grass grow under your feet in 2018? My dear - what on earth have you been doing for the past several years??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so you're planning on cutting back this year with only one monthly goal instead of six? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo!!! Oh man, it's going to be so exciting to have this finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous quilt... love how colourful and happy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I have a thing for Friendship Star Variations.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!