Wednesday, December 13, 2017

On Ringo Lake, Part 3

I admit it. I’m struggling to keep up with the clues to Bonnie Hunter’s On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt Along. The biggest problem is my right arm. So much repetition makes it throb then go numb (hands, shoulder). Past injuries and carpal tunnel. So I’m doing an hour or two per day and using lots of Ibuprofen. This, too, shall pass. But I’m having fun and loving my fabrics.  Here are the component parts. They’re not all sewn and trimmed yet, but I will get there over the next couple days, before the release on Friday of Clue #4.


Linking up to Bonnie Hunter’s Part 3 Linky Party HERE.

Christmas is done other than baking some biscotti for neighbor and friend gifts. The hardest part was just deciding what to do, hence my late start. I’m going to see if my granddaughter Lauren (13) will have time next week to help me once she is out of school for the Holidays. She’s a gymnast/cheerleader and has lots of friends and commitments, so fingers crossed.   And I bet we will add sugar cookies to the baking list for her family and friends! But in the meantime, I have collected the recipes and will be buying the supplies. I’m excited. Lauren, you may remember, helped me paint Ringo the wooden cockatiel last summer HERE. (Scroll to the end to see Ringo). Over the years, Lauren and I have made pincushions, garden art, sewed backpacks and pillows and made cookies. We always go out to lunch and have a fun time.

The Tulip Quilt is finished, and my friend Terri did a fantastic job with the binding. I will share pictures on my Saturday post.

I hope you’re enjoying the Season!

Cathy maroon

12 comments:

  1. What pretty colors, Kathy! I'm sorry that sewing is causing you pain, though. ;( It sounds like you know how to manage it, so that's good! Have fun with Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not keeping up either, but I've decided not to sweat it. I'll get there when I get there!
    Baby that wrist and shoulder! And have fun with Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're in pain. You can always make just a few of the units as the clues come out and catch up slowly over time. I know lots of folks don't finish until just before the next year's mystery. Enjoy the baking with your helper! I think Friday will be baking day here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabrics you chose. I think I see an oriental piece that I have always loved.

    Christmas is on hold here...or not. We have one by one had a bug that lasts 4 days. Now from the coughing Nic is doing, I fear a round of something new is taking hold. Keeping my fingers crossed in front of me in anti-vampire style, lol.

    I'm learning how to take Ibuprofen regularly to keep those annoying pains in check. Slow stitching aggravates it I am addicted.

    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also having a hard time keeping up with the clues. I do have carpal tunnel in both wrists and back problems which causes me to slow down. I am amazed that so many other people are finishing up in a flash and linking up right away on Monday. It also seems that more people than ever are participating this year. Your units are looking good though and I am loving mine too. And it is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're having some pain. I understand how hard it is to stop sewing to keep that under control. I'm having to pace myself, too, and I'm not even trying to keep up with anything! Except my own excitement about my current project. Good thing fabric doesn't have a shelf life so we can work at our own pace :) Have fun with Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I don't enjoy production sewing and so I'm just doing the challenge in small hunks. I haven't made a complete set of anything. I like the rainbow challenge so much because it moved me out of production sewing methods. Its lind of like making a mystery quilt by color, except its your mystery that you're keeping from yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with our friends above, settle on doing just a portion of each clue. You need to be in good shape for all the fun times coming up. Also, please, please be cautious on using ibuprofen. It can cause stomach irritation or even ulcers, bad news. Your family is so precious, so enjoy every minute with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your units look great! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I checked out your painted Ringo, and wonder where you got it or did someone you know create the wood shape you painted?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colours you're using for the mystery quilt. I'm sure there are no quilt police out there saying that you have to keep up with the clues right away so you can take your time and not have to suffer with pain.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!