Sunday, April 27, 2008

Roses Block Finished

Several years ago I started a roses-themed block (for a contest) that I never finished. Today I was in a stitching mood and finished it. The colors of pink and green are perfect for one of our guest bedrooms (we have a frou-frou one and a masculine one, LOL). In a way, I'm glad I waited until now to finish; back when I started it, I couldn't do ribbonwork roses.
This will be made into a pillowtop. I'll probably tackle that in the next couple days.

Below is a picture of some of our tulips in the backyard. The trellis area to the right of the tulips is where those grapevines will grow. Wait until later this summer - they get so laden with fruit that last year one of the trellises broke. We're going to sturdy them up a bit for this year.
And now I'm off to start a new book, but don't know exactly which one yet. Last night I finished The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith. I've read all his No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Books, which take place in Gabarone, Botswana, and find them all so gentle and relaxing. His main characters are lovable, quirky, simple and full of integrity . As some of you may know, I'm really "into" Africa (the masculine guest bedroom I talked about above is decorated in an African theme, and I completed an African-themed crazy quilt last year). I highly recommend Mr. Smith's books!

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely block, Cathy. I'm learning by looking at everything I can. Working on getting off the seams and layering and you're good at giving me ideas. Carol in Clermont

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Precious too! Did you know they are making a movie based on the books?
    Your block really did turn out so well...aren't you glad you finished it at last?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!