Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Round Robin Quilt Finish

The quilt that I finished through working with the awesome ladies of the annual Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) is ready for its reveal. I actually finished the binding several days ago and we’ve been waiting for a day that was sunny and without a stiff breeze for picture-taking. But this is spring in the Salt Lake Valley, so I might as well be wishing for a unicorn. It just doesn’t exist. So…. We battled with the breeze to gather a few snapshots, and it is what it is!

May I present “Swimmingly”, whose name was coined by my friend Sally.

I had this quilt professionally quilted with a nautical pantograph that includes all manner of sea life and seashells, anchors and more. Perfect! The binding is a black Kona cotton that blends in well with both the front and back.

“Swimmingly” finished at 57x64”, which is a great lap size for us. Bruce has claimed it as his, which is fine with me, LOL. 

So, with all that said, I’d like to thank the organizers of the SAHRR for their time, organizational efforts and cheerleading as we all followed their prompts and leads to create some fantastic quilts and other finishes. You guys are awesome, and I hope we’re all able to continue this for many years to come!

The Finale quilt parade can be found at Quilting Gail’s blog, here. Come see all the wonderful quilts! 

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish on this one!! The quilting is really just right, too..I just love that border full of marine life..you did a great job hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why Bruce wants that quilt to stay at your house - it's beautiful! Love the colors, and all the different borders worked out perfectly. Great finish, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt, such stunning colours and design. Glad you had it professionally quilted to add that extra special something to your lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous new quilt for Bruce!! Congratulations on finishing your SAHRR22 in time for the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy! Not only is the front of the quilt fabulous but your pick for the backing is beyond fab. I'll bet DH is over the moon happy with the result!! I'm so glad you were able to participate. It's just a fun finish. Let's do it again next year, okay?! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Cathy. It's really pretty, and I love the appliques. It looks wonderful and I'm sure that your hubby will love it. Love the backing, too. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finish!! The colors are gorgeous and the appliqué is spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great lap quilt for the man of the abode! Hoping he gets MANY years use from it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't blame Bruce for claiming that quilt! The colours are spectacular and I love the design overall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt! Gorgeous colors and that border too! It must have been fun working with those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!