Monday, July 30, 2012

Quilty Finish

One down, four to go.  Christmas quilts for the grandkids.


This is Abbie’s quilt.  Abbie will be 3 in October and loves yellow.  This quilt was done primarily in Apple of my Eye and Chevron fabrics from Riley Blake.  Simple line quilted.  It finished out at 46” x 60”.  The pattern is called Hopscotch, which I bought from Etsy seller Olive Tree Patterns 

Our air conditioner went out last week, and we were without COOL for 3 days until the new unit was installed.  I will forever think of that when I see this quilt.  I finished hand sewing the binding to the back while they were installing the central air.  I had a fan blowing on me as I stitched; the house was 86 degrees.

Now off to finish my July CQ Journal project block.

Also, the latest issue of CQMagOnline is live.  Check it out here.

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish, you're going to be well on track for Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cathy. Just happened upon your blog. What lucky grandchildren! Lovely quilt. And your black CQ is gorgeous. LUV the needlepoint in the middle that inspires the blocks. Simply stunning.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! It is so fresh and full of spring happy! You did great! The straight line quilting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!
    Hope you're cooler now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!