Monday, November 1, 2010

Autumn Blocks and Other Project Progress

Just a quick post to show you the blocks I posted for the Autumn II Round Robin (it’s a DYB or “Do Your Own Block” where each participant completes a 6” block for the others).  These are my six naked blocks:


The Tea Time wall hanging is on hold until later in the week.  But here are a couple details that I finished over the weekend.   Below is some ribbon embroidery around the teapot image.  I  still need to do some sort of stitching along the basted edge.


This is a vintage crocheted piece, probably meant to be an insert on to a pillowcase.  I laced it with edge-dyed silk ribbon, and used it to cover an awkward area with too much busy-ness in the way of bright images and strange seamlines.


Finally, below are Gerry K’s blocks for the Art Nouveau RR, which is about finished.  In fact, I’ll be the last one to stitch, and the block I’ve chosen (one of only two left unstitched) is in the upper left.


Gerry loves Art Nouveau and requested that we do some sort of representation of the old vintage Art Nouveau tiles (if you Google “Art Nouveau Tiles”, you’ll see a plethora of beautiful images).  Since I know that Gerry loves daffodils, and there are lots of good daffodil tile images to adapt, AND the colorations would look good with her block colors, that is what I have set out to do.  Stay tuned to see how that works out.  The good news is that if I flub it up, I’ve got most of her fabrics in my stash! (we share alot!!).

Hugs,


Cathy maroon

4 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy your DYB's are gorgeous. I love the colors. I can imagine those would be a pleasure to work on!


    Looking forward to seeing how Gerry's blocks turn out. Your a great CQ'er I know they will be lovely. Looking forward to that post:)


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy your blocks are really interesting. The silk ribbon is beautiful, one of my favourite techniques. Have you seen my "Lucy's Rose" on the tutorial tab of Sharon B's StitchinFingers. I like the little crochet square it is lovely.

    http://stitchinfingers.ning.com/page/tutorials-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, I love all the colors that you have used in the blocks. I can't wait to see them embellished. Your little Granddaughter is so beautiful and those eyes are gorgeous! I'm having my 100th follower celebration giveaway, so c'mon over and join in the fun! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my favorite time of year for colors, and you have put together great Fall color cq blocks.

    Great T-pot image, hope the piece isn't on hold for too long!

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!