Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazily Cream Block for Cobi

Today I completed my work on my friend Cobi's Crazily Cream block for our round robin in Crazy Quilting International. She requested an encrusted (very busy and full) style and lots of lace. Yum! I knew that was going to be fun, and I was right. It is so relaxing working in a neutral, tone-on-tone palette. Texture is the key! It was hard to stop after my allotted one-fourth of the block.

The "daisy" is made from shell beads in a leaf or marquis shape. The center is Kreinik gold cord french knots. I rouched some vintage rayon and tacked pearl sticks below it and seed pears on it in a random fashion. The lace along the left seam (with sequins) is a rick-rack lace. Allie, are you reading this? I know you love rick-rack lace! (Send me your addy, OK? I've had some sitting here for awhile for you!)

I think I may need to fix that yo-yo flower though. It looks wonky and the button is too big. Will fix it before I mail it off to the next person tomorrow. G'night!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful block for Cobi. I like your rick-rack seam. Even the yo-yo and button seem fine to me.

    Glad the "flood" at your house wasn't worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block is just yummy...I've placed the pic in my favorites file. I particularly like the irregular pearls over and under the ruched rayon. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me drooling over my keyboard with this scrumptious looking block!
    And you are right...I do love rickrack lace...you are such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Lots of pretty details to absorb into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award from my blog!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!