Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blogs to Check Out - and Weekend Ramblings

I haven't done this before, but I probably ought to every now and then. That is, recommend a new blog or two that I've run across. I'm learning as a new blogger (three months or so....) that we all explore others' blogs and links and find those that "feel" right or fit our interests. With that in mind, let me tell you of some of the delightful ones that I enjoy. And this is beyond the "goes-without saying" blogs of Allie, Sharon, Pat and Lilla!!

First off is Unique Christening Gowns. Dana lives in Victoria, Australia and designs and creates custom christening gowns.. She doesn't post often, but her posts are invariably lovely. Older posts are a wealth of information and eye candy, such as how to measure a baby for a christening gown, plus embroidery she does on her custom christening gowns. It is such a sweet blog!

Another of my favorites is Across the Pond Although Mary was born in England, she has spent the last several decades in the southeast US. Her sensibilities and visual flair for her decorating and garden, though, is definitely European. And she's a great photographer to boot. It was through her blog that I learned about (and plan to find out more about and participate in) Pink Saturday.

Pink Saturday is the brainchild of Beverly at How Sweet the Sound. Rather than say any more about it, I urge you to explore her site!.


I went shopping yesterday at two antique stores for something yummy pink to post for Pink Saturday. But I was feeling "blue" because DH has been working 11 hour days for almost three weeks STRAIGHT. I didn't find anything pink OR blue (but I found a cute pair of yellow salt & pepper shakers that match a pair I've had since I was a child)...... The good news is that DH's project (for the government) is now complete, and he has the next week off as comp time. It will be a good week.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great week with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    Thanks for links.I love Crazy quilting. I Look at your blog on CQembellishers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet ot mention my blog,thank you. I hope you have a wonderful week with hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,
    so pleased to know you. I enjoy all you do, thanks for stopping by my blog when you do,
    and the nice comments
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!