Saturday, May 28, 2016

Putting Green Out to Pasture

The end of May has rolled around, and it’s time to put a lid on frolicking in the green scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year.  I hope to join So Scrappy for the green wrap-up, where all sorts of green goodness abounds.


Above is my collage of green blocks for May. I did 3 Dresdens, 2 large cat blocks consisting of one mama and 12 kittens each, 12 double Flying Geese blocks for our Rainbow Scrap Sampler, 10 16-patch blocks with black and white centers, 16 vintage sheet rail fence blocks and 26 improv blocks, using up scraps, HSTs, strips, etc.  That is a total of 92 blocks of green in May. A new record. Not that I’m trying to set personal records - I’m not. I just had so much green as it’s one of my favorite colors.

I also made two Notting Hill Sampler blocks and a few blocks for my Splendid Sampler. Those Splendid Sampler blocks were made into a flimsy and stored away for an undetermined future use.  And I even spent some time cutting out pieces for the Aria quilt I would like to finish by the end of June (can you say Pipe Dream?) 

I will be back on Monday to link up to Scrappy Saturday as I`ll be traveling.

Cathy maroon

17 comments:

  1. wow! you've been busy! I like your green projects- especially the cats, and the green/white 16 patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What production! I bet you still have some green leftover too. (g)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon!!! I'm loving all of your GREEN blocks!!! One of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have enough green to do HALF of what you did. You have a beautiful collection of green fabrics. It is probably the last colour I would go to and yet, looking at your pictures, it is such a beautiful colour. I have to buy more.
    Love the mama cats with the litter. Cute! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Did you sleep at all this month? Great job with all your beautiful green blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really got a lot done this month! Your green blocks are lots of fun to look at. Green is definitely my favorite color, but it is always fun to find out what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... over achiever!! LOL Love the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely got a lot done this month! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a great visit with your daughter. I have to go back and get a closeup of the rainbow blocks with black centers. The colors are stunning.

    When I commented on your last post about the block I liked so much, I had not read lesson 4 of my class with Kathy. There it was...the block is listed in one of the one's we will learn. Call me more happy than I was before I read the lesson!!

    I thought I didn't like green much but I love your blocks a lot. Funny how much my taste has changed since I was a kid. I used to HATE pink. Wouldn't be caught dead in it. Cried because my mom bought be pink tennis shoes. Now I love it and wear it all the time. Go figure.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous blocks - what a treat to see all that green!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your collection of green blocks! Lots of beautiful shades, prints and blocks. I love green, too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go! Lots and lots of lovely green blocks. Hopefully your scraps are getting less and less.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a lot of green! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing collection of green blocks. Have you dared to mix the different kittens to see if they will get along? All of the other blocks look very civilized so I have no concerns that they will play well with the rest of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome collection of blocks. It's fun to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pipe dream? Not for you - you're a miracle worker so I have absolutely no doubt you'll get it done in time. Now I am wondering what colour will be next.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!