Next year, 2012, will be easier. Simpler. With that in mind, I have set no new goals or resolutions for myself to tick off. But since 2011 is drawing to a close, I may as well wrap up this year’s look at what I accomplished with my goals for this year.
1. Goal: Participate in 3-4 CQ round robins. 100% complete.
2. Goal: Piece my “CQ by 2012” quilt and have half of seamwork done.
Progress: This morphed into the CQJP for 2012, which is now pieced. Half of the seamwork? Well, since we haven’t even started CQJP yet, I will give myself 50% on this one.
3. Goal: Enter at least 2 CQ or quilting competitions.
Progress: 50% I did one.
4. Teach a CQ class locally.
Progress: 0%. I decided I didn’t want to pursue this in 2011.
5. Goal: Attend 3 CQ retreats or gatherings.
Progress: 100%. CQ Adventure (Connecticut, April), CQI Retreat (Colorado, September) and Victorian Stitchery Retreat (Kansas, November).
6. Goal: Take a class with Carole Samples
Progress: It was awesome! 100%.
7. Goal: Finish or give away at least 3 UFO’s.
Progress: 100%. This was done at mid-year.
8. Goal: Finish Seascape Valance.
Progress: Um…. I hope to work on it this winter. Did some seamwork, though. 20%
9. Goal: De-stash.
Progress: 100%. Progress detailed last October.
10. Goal: Sew a quilt for granddaughter London.
Progress: I did one cheater quilt, hated it, and gave it to Goodwill. Will try again in 2012. 50%
11. Goal: Ramp up Etsy presence.
Progress: 100%. I still plan to expand my fabrics, patterns and vintage linens sections more, but the laces and trims have been doing great - better than I had hoped for!
12. Goal: Begin reselling vintage things. Rolled into #11.
13. Goal: Conduct a local sew-for-charity event. 100%.
14. Goal: 400 blog posts. 0%
Goal: Contests/tutorials: 100%
Goal: 250 followers. 100%.
Total for Item #14, 67%.
Overall rating: Approximately 80% of my goals were accomplished. I’m happy with that.
And if truth be told, I have created a few more UFO’s during the year….
|Half-done Journal Cover. I am actually still working on this one.|
|Potential Boho Purse…. stuff gathered, drooled on, then put away until next Spring.|
Until next time,