Saturday, February 28, 2009

DRAWING WINNERS!!!!

Of course, you're all going to skip this part (at least at first) and look ahead to see if your name was the one drawn. But I'm going to pretend you're reading this patiently, (yeah, right, LOL!).... The day after the deadline, I listed all the entries, checked links and tallied up all the "points" for each person. Some entrants had left no contact information, so they were eliminated. Word to the wise: make sure someone can get in touch withf you if you enter a contest!! There were 123 valid entries!! Whew! Those names were printed out (some only once, some up to six times, depending on how many times they qualified), and I got carpal tunnel cutting them apart. (Another word to the not-so-wise - that would be me: Use you d*** paper cutter next time!). So, this is what it all looked like when we were ready for the drawing on Friday night: Now, isn't that the cutest bowl you've ever seen? I bought this fired pottery basket, made by a wonderful artisan at the Salt Lake Farmers Market, a couple years ago..... But, I digress..... Here is Bruce, my DH, reaching in for the name.......
And whose name did he draw??? The Winner is SHARI IN COLORADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Shari!! Please send me a private email and we'll arrange the details, OK??? BUT WAIT - there were so many entrants, that I decided to have a second place goodie bag (smaller, but still nice) for someone. So, DH dove into the names again and came out with...

Second Place is Karrin Hurd !!!!
Karrin, please email me too to arrange details!

Thanks to everyone for entering the contest, or mentioning the drawing on your blog. I truly appreciate all your congratulations and good wishes on my 100th Blog Post Milestone. I wish it were practical to give everyone goodies, but unfortunately it's not. But I've met many new people and discovered some wonderful new-to-me blogs. And I hope you all stick around and pop in to say hello now and then!

With appreciative hugs,

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners! (throwing confetti in the air while the choir sings... VBG)

    Great job Cathy and so kind of you to choose 2 winners, they are indeed lucky.

    To all of us who didn't win this time... better luck next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Thank you sooooo much! I just can't believe how lucky I am this month! This is a package I am going to be waiting on pins and needles to receive! Tell your husband I will forever be in his debt for finding my name amongst all those others. Thank you, thank you and muchas gracias, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, thank you for taking the time to do a giveaway. It was very kind and generous of you. You are an example to us who entered the draw, opening up your blog for anyone to enter the draw and you giving freely from the heart.
    I admit, it is a fun way to get to know people and to discover new ideas and see some very interesting and beautiful work,
    and of course that definetly includes yours !
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Cathy, I am thrilled, and you have made my day. You are so sweet to have added a 2nd prize, and I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation to the winners.
    Shari and Karrin Hurd.
    Enjoy your prizes.
    Laurette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 100th blog and to Shari and Karrin. Thanks for having your giveaway.
    Great job
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky SHari and Karin... Pooh! I wanted to win, LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!