There’s not much to report here this week in the way of any news, creative or otherwise. It’s just been crazy and busy - and I developed “pink eye” (conjunctivitis) and an infected tear duct that is finally clearing up with meds. So, minimal sewing and reading for me. But still - housework, yardwork, meetings and appointments. But I do have two pictures to share.
We were invited over to Bruce’s ex-wife’s place for a small family gathering to say goodbye to grandson Deacon (tallest guy in back row), who was leaving on a 2-year mission the next day for his church. He will be in the Kansas City mission.
![]() |
| Back row: Abbie, Gunner (the redhead!) and Deacon - daughter Emily’s kids Front row (daughter Stacy’s kids): Remi, Oakley, Bear, Evie and Hunter |
Now, since I want to quilt this one myself, I have to pin baste it and make some quilting design decisions. I’d like to practice some feathers on it after watching Angela Walter’s feather quilting series on her YouTube channel. Wish me luck.
Today I’m off to work awhile in the courtyard. I've got weeds to hoe, roses to deadhead and fertilizing to do. I may even repot some of my houseplants that need it. And then - sewing all afternoon. At least, that’s the plan. There may also be a Barnes & Noble coffee date in the afternoon. life is good!
Linking to Scrappy Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


3 comments:
Nice looking bunch of grandchildren. Hope your eye clears up soon, so you can quilt on your fan quilt.
We used to live near Kansas City, good luck to him! Library is looking great & can't wait to see the quilting you choose to do on it. Glad the pink eye cleared up. Yuck! This cooler weather makes working outside seem more enjoyable, so prune & repot!
Lovely pic of the family !
Post a Comment