Saturday, March 9, 2024

Another Crazy Busy Week

Oy. What a busy week it’s been! Crazy-busy. The sale of the house continues, as well as the purchase of the condo. We’ve passed all the inspections, all problems or issues have been corrected and it’s All Ahead Full. The closings are in less than 2 weeks. 

The ancient water softener in the new condo has been bypassed by the owner’s plumber and the water service safely turned back on. Our house passed all the inspections for water, electrical, HVAC and mold, although not without a substantial investment in a new electrical panel by us. We later learned it was not totally necessary, but we went ahead with it to assuage our consciences. On Wednesday, the electrical work required us being without power from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm. We were so creative keeping ourselves entertained for the day away from home; canceling the storage unit we will not need after all, having a Barnes & Noble coffee date, visiting our financial advisor, going out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, seeing the Bob Marley movie One Love (good music and acting, but too hard to understand the thick Jamaican accents), and hanging out at Wheeler Farm. 

On Thursday, my friend Ruby and I packed up the kitchen and dining room. That is progress! I feel that we’ve now entered the third trimester (hehe) of the selling and moving process. The “births” will happen March 21 and 22.

In the middle of the craziness, there was a definite bright spot. And I mean that both figuratively and literally: the release of my friend Preeti’s new pattern, Rainbow Parade. In case you didn’t catch my Wednesday post, here’s a picture of my Rainbow Parade quilt. 

You can read all about it on Wednesday’s post. And while you’re there, don’t forget to leave a comment on that post if you’d like to enter the giveaway for a free PDF Rainbow Parade pattern! 

I managed to get some purple sewing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge done somehow. First up, three Color Stix blocks. I wasn’t thinking when I laid these blocks out, because it looks like one long piece. But it’s really just three blocks hugging each other! 


Then I separated my purples into red-purples and blue-purples and made a 16-patch star win each color way.


That’s it from here for now. Do check out Scrappy Saturday for this week’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge! 

10 comments:

  1. We too have sold our home of 43+ years, but I don't dare sew anything right now as there is so much to sort out! Signing off tomorrow, with final departure by 24 March. Decided to do the move in two stages, as it's just next door! Can't wait to be in the brand-new space. Sending good thoughts to you in this topsy-turvy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even want to think of moving other than it would give me a reason to really go through stuff and get rid of half of what I own

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting to that finish line;)) My daughter is moving in her big furniture with the help of my two (strapping) twin grandsons...She is so relieved that the closing is O V E R !! As i am
    sure you will be, too...
    Your Rainbow Parade came out beautifully--and i like the idea of those Purple sticks...
    good luck with that packing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read "all ahead full." And you can get back to sewing up a storm. Preeti's new pattern is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step by step you're getting there! Such a good idea to separate the red-purples from the blue-purples. That made some beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, you really ARE crazy! If you're moving in 10 days, it's time to pack up and stop stitching for a bit. I've done it, and it stinks, but that new sewing room and some new mojo will thank you! Good luck with the movee. I love your star blocks and of course the Rainbow Parade. No idea when you had time, but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow All Ahead Full! Sending very best wishes for moving out and moving in. Guess the kitchen and your sewing room will be top priorities when you take possession.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy time for you, glad you had a fun day out. I'm sure you're looking forward to the day all is settled in your new home. Beautiful 'Rainbow Parade' quilt and I love your purple blocks. Great way to separate red and blue purples.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m amazed you managed to find any time to sew at all, considering the busy time you are having. The white solid stars on the background of squares are one of my favourite blocks and are a perfect RSC project. Good luck with all the house buying/selling activities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, previous comment was from me, I forgot to sign in !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!