Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Housekeeping Issue for a Cozy Christmas

Hi!  This isn’t a literal housekeeping issue, as in my house. But because the rules of the Finish Along state that each finish must have be posted individually, I am giving the cute little Cozy Christmas quilt its own separate post.


I quilted it with a micro stipple in the pink backgrounds of the blocks, then outlined some of the appliqués. The first frame around each “picture” got a swirly loop, and then the rest of the quilt was stippled. It finished at 58x71”. It will be a gift for my DD Stacy, who loves all things Christmas. And because Stacy has a 1-year-old, I didn’t sew any buttons on the quilt as it called for.

Now, I am linking up to the 2016 Finish Along (see button in sidebar) and my 4th Quarter FAL Goal list here.

Besides, we all love a little extra eye candy (to say nothing of the real thing) at this time of year, right?

Cathy maroon

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that this quilt is finished. Why, I remember when it was just a baby...only a couple of blocks really. And I love the colors. A Christmas quilt that can be used and loved all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye candy indeed! I'm sure this one will be well loved - by big AND little people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the housekeeping post! I thing this cutie is well worth it. Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!