Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Another One Bites the Dust

LOL..... I always liked that song, especially when driving.  And, dear Kerry, if you are reading this, it always reminds me of you......

Anyway, the title of this post refers to another project from my 4th Quarter Finish-Along List for Adrienne’s 2015 Finish Along.   This finish is #8 on the list, and my third (of ten hopeful) finishes for this quarter.


What is it?  It is a quilted play mat (about the size of a fat quarter). The fabric is called Dress Me Up! and it is from Dear Stella. The link leads to a tutorial. There was the companion fabric that had little clothes printed on it, and that is what I used for both of the sets I made. The first set, shown rolled up in an organza drawstring bag near the top) was completed last quarter and will be a Christmas present for my granddaughter Remington. This second set was my goal for this quarter and will be a Christmas present for my granddaughter London.


In the tutorial, they used scraps of fabrics to make their own clothes for the bunnies, bears, cats, raccoons, etc), but I stuck with the companion fabric. The hardest part of this whole thing was cutting out all those pieces!! And you can see that there are outfits (and shoes and accessories) for both boy and girl characters.


I know I would have loved something like this (out of FABRIC, not paper) when I was a young girl, back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. It would make a great quiet-time activity.

Because this second set is for London, I chose London fabric by Dena Designs for the mat back and binding, as well as the zippy pouch that holds the clothes and the rolled-up mat.  The pouch is lined with Squared Elements from Art Gallery Fabrics.


Yes, I sewed the zippy pouch, but it is part of this set, not part of my goals for my zippy pouches for this quarter.

Both Dress Me Up! play mat sets

I will have another finish to show later this week (or next) of some of the zippy pouches I have made for another Finish-Along goal. I think my goal was to make six, and I am already at 14 and counting..... so I don’t know if I will wait until they are ALL done or if I will show what I have done to date. Still thinking on that.

Until next time,
Cathy maroon

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh the fabric doll quilt is just too darned cute. i remember when you first posted about it. The fabric is so perfect for the project. 6 bags on a to do list and you make 14! Doesn't surprise me at all!!

    Hope you had a great Halloween.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too cute! I'm also impressed that you sewed a zipper in something!...I put off doing those whenever I can. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilt and the pouch is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute! Little fabric paper dolls in a pouch complete with play mat! It's sure to be an treasured heirloom. Congrats on that goal too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!