Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Summer is here, and as if right on cue, the weather in Utah turned from cool to pleasant to HOT in a matter of a couple days.  

We were lucky to have a visit from Bruce’s daughter Emily, hubby Chad and our two grandkids Deacon (4) and Abbie (2 ½) about a week ago.  They live in South Dakota, where Chad is stationed at Ellsworth AFB.  

Deacon and Abbie loved our itty bitty pool

Bruce brought out a version of telephones (think tin cans tied with string) that he had made down in his laBORatory.  :-)  They are connected by actual phone wire - lots of it - and the kids enjoyed talking to each other on it.


Here, Grandpa Bruce and Deacon went to the utility area of the backyard so they would be far away from the speakers at the other end of the line.


Abbie (on her mom Emily’s lap) loved it and didn’t want to give up her turn so that her dad Chad could talk on it to Deacon.


But she got plenty of other opportunities, so she was a happy camper.  It was so much fun to see and play with them again!  They’ve now returned to South Dakota.


Here Emily and Abbie greet Boomer, and vice versa.  Boomer does a good job of meowing on cue, so  Abbie was convinced he was talking to her as I “interpretted”.   :-)


And my dear little London comes by weekly to play with Grammy, and every second I spend with her is precious!  She has enjoyed “her” pool and thinks I should get in with her.  HA!  Here she is splashing Grammy’s feet, which is about all that WILL fit in the pool!


What is London eating?  Her new favorite that she wants first thing every time she comes - peanut butter and strawberry jam, made by me. She won’t allow me to mix them or put them on bread or anything. She wants them plain, and SHE wants to mix them.


Oh, to be two again!!


2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I love this post. My youngest grandson just turned 15. Terry and I were looking through pics just yesterday..I like them now, but I miss them then!

    BTW, I love those phones.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUre Joy and pure SUMMERTIME! All those grandkids of yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!