Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Tea Time Block Finished

Today, I accompanied The Hubster (Bruce) to the surgical center, where he had a hemangioma (an abnormal buildup of blood vessels) removed from his forearm.  It went smoothly, as expected, and our total time from walking out the door at home to walking back in the door when it was over - was just under four hours.  Bruce is doing fine and is perched in his recliner, playing with his new iPad (the one that I wanted for my birthday in March but he got for his birthday in May).

Anyway, I had about 90 minutes of time to stitch at the surgical center, and had the pleasure of working on Kerry’s six-inch block in our Tea Time round robin.


The beaded rose was a motif I got in the Motif Swap at the CQ Adventure.  I believe it was made by Nark (yes, she has a real name, but she has always gone by Nark!)   Anyway, just a simple block.

While stitching, one of the nurses came up to me and was fascinated.  She asked a lot of questions, we chatted, and to my surprise (NOT!) she is a crafty person who crochets, tats, sews, quilts, owns a kiln and fires porcelain doll heads (then dresses them).  She wants to learn crazy quilting and I want to learn to tat, so I think a friendship has been born!  AND she ordered three needlecases from me!  Woo-hoo!  I love a person who appreciates and supports needlework!

So, I am back off to my studio, where I will whip up these needlebooks in my SPARE TIME.  Let’s see... I have a couple hours of spare time between 2 and 4 in the morning in about two weeks.....  HA!

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Cathy! Especially like the buttonhole circles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty flowy seam across the bottom, and nice in the variegated thread.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!