Saturday, September 12, 2015

Juicy Orange - September’s Color for RSC15

Hi, and thanks for joining me. This is my third post this week, so I have been busy and am now caught up with my posting, if not my goals.

Andrea selected orange as our September color of the month for the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I was thrilled, because I have So. Much. Orange. I love the color and feel it gives a warmth and vibrancy wherever it is used.

So, continuing with my Wonky Log Cabin blocks, I have made 12 -  8.5 blocks that have been sewn into 3 - 16.5 inch blocks.  This brings my total up to 22 of the 30 I will need.


I will make one more orange, then catch up with past colors I have decided I need: 1 more pink, 1 yellow-orange, 1 indigo, 1 teal, then 3 of a future color OR a bright green.

And then I began thinking of the back, and saw this lovely cityscape print on Instagram and had to rush and buy one.  It is a Hoffman print called Skylines.  I am going to attempt to piece a color gradation around it, and perhaps a strip of black and white somewhere to tie it all together. Or not.  We will see what happens when I start playing with it in November...


If you have scraps, or even if you like good eye candy, why not join us over at So Scrappy for Scrappy Saturday??

Cathy maroon

12 comments:

  1. This will be lovely. I love orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cityscape really is a great background for a log cabin quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela does a GREAT job of leading us in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and you have done a wonderful job using your ORANGE scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cityscape print. I just might have to track one of those down for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great log cabin blocks. Such a great range of orange fabrics. It's so much fun playing along with Angela and the Scrap Happy challenges she sets up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you have joined in RSC15. Angela does a great job of running it and has helped me as a newer blogger. Your orange scraps are such a nice assortment, and the neutrals are perfect. Wish I had those in my stash. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful orange log cabins. Line green might just be coming up before the end of the year. It would make a great addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have stood in front of this glorious cityscape and matching colors, and I'm telling you, it is breath-taking. Miss Cathy, you have an eye for color! It will be so spectacular as a backing for your very unusual scrappy log cabin. Can't wait until it is done! Hugs from your bestie, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love orange!! It energizes, doesn't it. Oh, Man!! You HAD to show that Hoffman City scape. I have been drooling over it and couldn't decide which color I liked better. I'm just going to HAVE to get a piece. I absolutely want it, I'm sure now. I'm going to be so excited to see what you do with it.
    xx, Carol

    PS: I guess I'll have to try Sane Quiling. Thanks A Lot!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never used much orange in my work, but I do love your blocks! My current piece has a fall theme, so there's definitely some orange going on there. Vicki Welsh hand dyes gradients to order if you want to go that route.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks. LOVE the landscape!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!