Monday, February 17, 2014

Pantone Color of the Year 2014

This year I am way late (surprise, surprise) in sharing the color of the year. So this is not so much “news”, but just sharing my thoughts and the colors in case you missed the announcements.

Pantone is a world-renowned authority on color. They are the “go-to” people who set color definitions and standards that span across all industries.  By studying designers throughout the world in various industries, they discover trending colors that are emerging as new favorites.

Pantone is a fascinating site if you are interested in color.  You can visit them here, but beware; you could spend lots of time there, LOL!!

Here is the 2014 Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid:


These are the colors from the Spring 2014 Pantone Fashion Color Report:


For spring, Pantone describes the colors as “a modern twist on the traditional” because they "pair soft pastels with vivid brights to create a colorful equilibrium."

The fall color report was just unveiled last week during the New York Fashion Week.  


The Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, Leatrice Eiseman says, “This is a season of untypical colors - more reflective of the imagination and ingenuity, which makes for an artful collection of colors and combinations by the usual hues for fall”.

I think the spring colors are gorgeous, and just love Radiant Orchid.  When I was in Arizona  last week on vacation, I bought a paperweight for my collection that has the orchid, cayenne and orange in it.  And I see some of these colors in my sewing for summer!

You can download both color reports and read about the influencers (designers) who played parts in the color selections for this year.  And you can also vote for your favorite color in each palette.  

So, which colors do you like?

Cathy maroon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Busy Kathy!!
    I love the color of the year, but not too crazy about the pallet. I love more vibrant colors and find the spring colors too pale.

    The fall pallet seems to lean toward spring/fall colors and I am a Winter. So I guess I'll just have to spiff up my fall wardrobe with radiant orchid. Anything goes with jeans and yoga pants ~lol~
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I can't believe they're planning fall already, good grief, we've not even reached spring yet o.O Still, I do like the dazzling blue in the spring collection

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!