Friday, October 11, 2019

4th Quarter Goals for 2019 Finish-Along

It's time to declare my goals for the 4th Quarter of this year's Finish-Along quilter's event. Last quarter I managed to complete 6 of my 12 goals, all quilts. I'm pleased with that number because naturally we all list more than we can (most likely) finish, and the extras give us some room to pick and choose what we're in the mood to work on.  :-)

This quarter I've got a lot of finishes planned, and a lot of time in which to do them. No garden work. Hopefully no unforeseen health issues for either Bruce or myself. And definitely lots of cold weather which will make for great sewing time!  So here we go.

1.    Gumdrops
FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

This one is a basted top that is partially quilted. I expect to finish it in the next day or so. It will go to Quilts for Kids. It was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project for this year.


2.  Rainbow Anvils
FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

This is another RSC block that I worked on all this year. The blocks are done and ready to be assembled. It is also my OMG (One Monthly Goal) for October.


3.  Newport

FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

This project has been on my list for over a year. I want to make Cousin Kim a quilt. Her birthday is in November, so this will either be a birthday or Christmas present for her this year.  But I have selected a different pattern than shown.


 4.  Donation Dogwoods
FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

This was a quilt top that I purchased at that maaaaaahvelous estate sale last month. Along with the quilt top came yards and yards of additional matching fabric for backing, borders, etc. This should be a snap to finish.


5.  Rainbow Crackers

Here's another Rainbow Scrap Challenge project for this year. Blocks are done (not all are shown in this picture) and ready to be assembled.


6.  Lemon-Lime

Another longtime resident of my Finish-Along list. Maybe this quarter will be the one to finish it. It will eventually be a quilt for the day bed in the guest bedroom.


7.   Nine-Patch Madness (need a real name)

These blocks (only blue shown, but there 122 in all colors) was yet another RSC block I made throughout the year. They are six-inch (finished size) blocks, so I may be able to make one large or two smaller kid-sized donation quilts from these.


8.   Rainbow Selvage 16-patch

Another RSC project for 2019. I had a lot of selvages to work through, obviously. I just plan to sash and border this, making a square donation quilt.


9-10.  On Ringo Lake

This, too, has been on my Finish-Along list since the days of the dinosaurs (or thereabouts). I'm going to unstitch the blocks shown and convert from an on-point to a traditional square set. By doing that and adding simpler sashing, I can eke out two donation quilts for Quilts for Kids. I love these colors and had always intended this to be a living room quilt for us, but we've got more than enough of those!


11.  Winter Strings AKA Stringing in the Rain
FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOU HERE.

Winter Strings is a currently in-progress project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'm using all my dark neutral strings (along with some lighter neutral strings) to use up some of my gray, black and brown scraps that were threatening to overtake my bins.


12.  Winter Patchwork (no picture)
FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

I also have some black, brown and gray (and assorted lighter neutrals) cut into squares and HSTs to make a basic patchwork quilt from these scraps.

13.  Rainbow Strings - Warm

FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

Yes, another RSC 2019 project that I'd like to finish into a donation quilt this calendar year. These are the warm blocks.


14.  Rainbow Strings - Cool

FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

This is the final RSC project for this year. I think, LOL. These are the cool colored string blocks that I'll finish into a donation quilt.


15.   Kitty Quilt for the Grandcats

FINISHED AND BLOGGED ABOUT HERE.

My grandcats, two male kittens named Carl and Xbox (they kept the names given by the shelter) need a snuggly quilt! This will be their Christmas present from Grammy and Gramps, lol. It will be bigger than a kennel quilt, possibly about the size of a baby quilt.


And that's my list. It should keep me busy, that's for sure!  Linking up to the 4th Quarter Finish-Along goal-setting post at Marci Girl Quilts.

13 comments:

  1. PLEASE get going on Lemon-Lime. Those fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly won't be bored anytime soon, Cathy!!! Best of luck in your finishing goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Winter Strings project would make a great man quilt. I don't have a lot of dark neutral strings, but lots of yardage that could be cut into strings. I don't ever seem to use gray and brown, but I like how that one looks. Thanks for the inspiration (which you provide on a regular basis).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love all of your projects, Cathy, and I know you'll get lots finished this quarter, because you always do! Winter Strings made me go "Wow!" Those blacks, grays, and browns look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely goals--I especially like the "Gumdrops" hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter Strings is so visually different than most of your pieces, but I really like it. That's a super way to use up the dark neutrals without muddying a batch of pure ROYGBIV blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I said "use up" as if one can ever do that with strings. "Use some" is a phrase that lives a little more in the real world :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Cathy! That is some list for only three months, but I think you can get quite a few of these finished if you choose to. Hopefully, no new projects will make themselves important . . . but if they do, you'll deal. Good luck and hope Bruce continues to do well. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm too tired to make a comment. Just the thought of all you have planned makes me exhausted! You go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous. I'm a dog person but I love the fabrics you will use for the cat gift. Lots of great stitching going on at your house.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no, you have not chosen to finish more than you can chew! (hahaha) I'd be like, maybe ONE of those I could get done, but I'm sure you have more room to move around in than we do in our full time home of a travel trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great list! And on behalf of the 2019 FAL hosts, thank you for participating in Q4!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!