Thursday, June 6, 2019

Setting a Goal for June

I’ve been dithering about whether I wanted to set a sewing goal for June. Last month I set a goal (and met it) of finishing the Stringy, Starry Night quilt. And I even blogged about it here, but then I forgot to link up! Oh well, the purpose is really to motivate us, isn’t it? And so far this year I am 5 for 5.

Therefore, I’m going to go for it and link up to the One Monthly Goal (OMG) goal-setting linky party over at Patty’s Elm Street Quilts blog. That is, If I remember to actually LINK UP, hehe.


So, here is my goal. This is a collage pattern I’ve had for almost a year, and I really want to make this cute wallhanging. It’s called Blossoms & Spokes. These are even the colors I want to use. When you have a mostly-neutral color palette in the living room, these bright punches of color help to keep things lively.


Now, I don’t expect to finish the entire thing with quilting and binding (necessarily) this month. My goal will be to piece the low-volume crazy-patch background and get the bicycle body, tire and spokes and basket pieces sewn on by the end of the month. That will leave the flower collage part to be done later. 


I’ve got a variety of floral fabrics for the basket flowers as you can see from my fabric pull above. It will take some experimentation to see what I like and what will work best. Maybe solids cut into flower shapes will work better.  I just don’t want to have to rush through it. Of course, if it just plays nicely and all comes together, who knows. Maybe the entire thing could be done by the end of the month. We will see!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! Great goal for June. This is one pattern that I've wanted to make myself, as a gift for my boss. She is a huge cyclist and I think she might enjoy it. I look forward to seeing your progress on this project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric pull. Looking forward to seeing your progress, no matter how far you get.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a thought. Instead of using their floral shapes you could cut out individual flowers from your fabrics and collage those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute wall hanging--good luck with your goal (I never meet mine, so --simple solution: I don't set myself any lol) Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing you mentioned that the pattern has a crazy quilt background because I hadn't noticed that. I'll enjoy watching this one develop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! Love your one monthly goal project. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that will be so pretty! Are the pieces fused?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!